Chapter 3

It has been exactly 30 minutes since Theo decided to go out. However, he's still at home standing in front of the mirror.

"Damn, this necktie is choking me." he utters as he grabs another one from his collection.

Theo is the vain one of the group. He always likes to look modest and charming. One time, the group went hiking on the mountains and Theo wore formal clothing. It wasn't until then that he realized to incorporate his clothing with the occasion.

*Riiing riiiing*

The phone rings and Theo quickly goes to answer it while rolling up his sleeve.

"Hey," he says.

"I thought you were coming over? It's been 30 minutes, buddy." It's Leon on the other line.

"You know me."

"Right. You're only coming to my house, there's absolutely no need to dress like Prince Harry." Leon jokes. "Oh and can you give Kira a ride? She said she wanted to come over as well."

"Sure thing, and Emilia?" Theo asks.

"I couldn't reach her. I talked to Blue and he told me about yesterday, and that I should maybe let Emilia rest for a while," says Leon, obviously hurt for Emilia.

"Alright bud, I'm leaving now. See you in a bit." Theo says and hangs up the phone. He grabs his car keys and drives to Kira's place.

It is still an unsolved mystery for all of them, but it doesn't mean the fun has to stop. They have agreed to continue with their regular lives rather than worry to death.

As Theo makes a right turn, he notices a man wearing elegant black clothing.

"Oh wow, and I thought I was doing too much!" Theo says to himself, admiring the stranger's style.

A couple meters farther, Theo makes another right turn and then arrives at Kira's house. She's already waiting outside.

"Get in now Ki!" says Theo as he motions his hand to Kira.

Kira enters the car and sits beside Theo. She smells like vanilla, a scent Theo hates.

"That's nasty. If you weren't my friend, I'd kick you out of my car. Do you know how long that filthy aroma stays on my car seats?" Theo says while driving to Leon's.

Kira laughs as she knows exactly why Theo hates vanilla perfumes.

"Aweee, Mr. Lover boy remembers his ex!" she teases.

Theo rolls his eyes. Kira wasn't wrong, she has the same scent Theo's ex-girlfriend used to have but this doesn't stop her from wearing the perfume.

"And we've arrived."

As soon as Theo and Kira arrives at Leon's doorstep, the door opens.

"Ahh, I see I have guests." Leon says with a smile on his face.

They enter the house and sit on the brown couch right beside the television. Leon's home is neat and orderly, he lives alone but regularly cleans every mess he sees.

"I forgot to ask, is Blue coming?" Theo asks Leon who's busy grabbing snacks from the kitchen.

"Uhh, no. He's working his shift at The Basement today. I spoke with him yesterday though and he told me about what happened to Emilia." Leon says from behind his kitchen counter.