Chapter Two: Meeting

"Newt, call in all the keepers, we need to have a meeting," Alby said

Dang! that kinda sounds scary, I wonder what they need a meeting for? It must be about me.

About ten minutes later, I found myself sitting in the middle of a room surrounded by a group of all the keepers. They had explained to me that there are different jobs around the glade, and each had someone in charge of the job. They were always the best at the job if they were a keeper. 

"Listen up shanks," Alby said quieting the room down. "As you can all see, and have probably heard we have a girl in the glade. I feel like we will need to set some ground rules  to keep her safe."

Some comments arose, mostly in agreement with what Alby had just said. I was kind of relieved when he said that because it let me know that they care even though I had only been there an hour or so.

"So, we're going to start by going around and voicing what we think needs to be done."

They started with an Asian boy. He was pretty cute, and you could definitely tell that he worked out a lot. "I think that we should have her sleep in the homestead, and give her a room to herself." 

"Thanks, Minho, I think that's a great idea. Any objections?" Alby said.

"I think that I and the builders could build her a hut. Just for some extra privacy." Gally spoke up.

"That sounds like an amazing offer Gally, but that sounds like a lot of work for the builders," Alby said.

"I mean, let's be honest Alby when's the last time we built something that was actually necessary. This would be a great project, and would be something new." 

"May I say something?" The dark-haired boy that earlier had asked my name said.

"Sure Zart, go ahead," Alby replied

"I think that it would be safest to have her sleep outside with us. I mean, ya it's not the most privacy, but we wouldn't be risking a boy going into a room or a hut alone with her and having things going south. Cause I mean, we'd all be there." He said.

I mean, he had a point. But, privacy does sound pretty nice if we're being honest. 

"What if we just have her decide where she wants to sleep?" Newt said

"True, that's a good idea. So, she could sleep outside when she wants but go inside when she wants to too." A blonde-haired boy said

"I say we start with that for now," Alby said

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. I personally couldn't disagree with this because at least I got my own choice.

"Next item of business, I have thought this over and am now going to propose this to be voted on. You talk to her disrespectfully repeatedly, one night in the slammer. You touch her inappropriately which includes kissing three days in the slammer," He continued talking very sternly "You do anything shady under the clothes without permission, banishment."

"All of those who agree, raise your hand," Alby said

It was unanimous, everyone raised their hand.

"May I?" Newt asked

"Yes" Alby replied

"I would like to propose that she cannot become a runner. I have seen firsthand what that maze is and I wouldn't want to wish it on anyone. Especially, the only and possibly last girl in our maze." Newt said, using a tone that sounded very genuine and worried.

"I agree with Newt. It's barely a nice place to us, and I don't think it's fit for her." He said glancing at me, "At least not for a while."

Ugh I thought, I wish I fully understood what they were talking about. It just makes it so hard to know how to feel about what they're saying right now. Because, it sounds like something I might agree with, but I don't fully understand at the same time. I mean, they just sound like they have nothing but good intentions. 

When they all voted, all of them also agreed. 

"That never happens," Alby said with a smirk

"Well, I guess that means meeting over. We'll push the bonfire to tomorrow night since the meeting took over prep time." Alby said

They all started funneling out of the room, and I didn't really know what to do so I just sat there. It was kinda awkward I mean it shouldn't be that hard to get up and walk out, right?

"Hey greenie," Minho said

"Hey, Minho right?" I replied

"I mean that's what they call me at least."

"What's up with everyone calling me greenie?" I mean I didn't mind it, I just didn't fully understand it though.

"It's just what we call all the newbies. Especially the ones that can't remember their names for a while."

"Oh, Okay," I responded. It made a little more sense now, but it just sounded weird.

"Speaking of names, can you remember yours yet?" He asked

I was really starting to get frustrated with people asking me this. I mean I don't freaking remember, and it sucks. It makes me feel like a nobody, and I can't do anything about it!!!

"Umm... No, I can't." I said trying not to cry

He seemed to sense that it was making me upset."What if we call you Eve? Ya know since you're the first girl here?"

"Ya, that's pretty cute. I really like that actually." I said. It was true, I did like it it sounded unique and it reflected on who I was here.

"Okay, Eve, want to go get some dinner?"