[Ch.3] Search and Destroy

No words came from Livitz following Midoriya's confession to the truth behind his new quirk.

It was unbelievable, a fireside tall tale, but Midoriya wasn't one to fib. With the tone in his voice and the twinkle of strive in his eyes, one thing became adamant, this wasn't a joke.

Livitz's eyes fell to the brick walkway, drowning out the tune of Midoriya's voice when succumbing to the twisted migraine of follow-up questions about the subject matter.

How was it remotely possible to 'borrow' a quirk?

If it was borrowed, did that mean the existence of Midoriya's quirk was temporary?

If that were the case, how long?

Not only that, who possessed such a power to momentarily transfer meta-abilities onto someone else?

Who was the original possessor of Midoriya's qu-

"You really expect me to believe that load of shit?" Bakugou spat back, not convinced of whatever lie Midoriya pulled from his ass. "Made a fool of me in our match, that not enough for ya'?! I lost, alright?!" Livitz's eyes shot to Bakugou's trembled posture, noting the way his pride visibly tore a gaping hole in itself. It was a crude scene to witness but had been long overdue to appear with the decade's worth of torment from the ash blonde. "Damn it! Damn it! DAMN IT!" Bakugou screamed at the top of his lungs, tears swelling up as they threatened to burst from his bottom eyelids. "Suck on that win, Deku! Cause' you won't get another!" Listening to the ending credit of Bakugou's speech on his promise to become the best number one hero, yet again, Livitz couldn't muster out a snarky or intrusive remark.

Livitz knew better. It was rare to see Bakugou Katsuki convey his emotions alone. It was practical folklore to see him swell up with tears on the verge of exploding. Bakugou needed this, even if it did have him swearing to whatever God roamed the universe that he'd be better than Midoriya, the top hero, the best of the best.

With the stirring conclusion of Midoriya and Bakugou's 'talk', All Might zoomed onto the scene, prepared to mend Bakugou's spirits with an inspirational and uplifting speech. Livitz tuned out the conversation, aware it wasn't right to speak with the crumble of Bakugou's pride wavering unsteadily. Fiddling her thumbs together, Livitz returned to staring down the brick walkway when remotely attempting to piece together the puzzle Midoriya laid out for her. It was a gamble, but three things were adamant to the golden blonde.

The sludge villain attack, the not-so-hidden secret of All Might's autograph, and the uprise of Midoriya's anonymous trainer.

First, All Might rushed into battle within mere moments of Midoriya impulsively charging onto the scene.

Second, Midoriya never mentioned the All Might autograph he'd received, despite the die-hard obsession he has with the Symbol of Peace. It was only revealed when Livitz had begun studying through Midoriya's notebooks, in preparation for the entrance exam. When confronted, the green-haired boy got flustered and said he'd merely 'forgot'.

And third, coincidentally, Midoriya found an anonymous trainer, whom she was forbad from meeting, the same day of the attack.

It all circled back to All Might.

"All Might lent you his power, didn't he?" Refusing to beat around the bush, Livitz dove straight for the root and tugged brutally. Midoriya's face turned ghost white before erupting in a bomb of red paint. "U-Uh, what?" Livitz narrowed her eyes. "You heard me, Izuku." Midoriya suffocated on oxygen when rambling up a storm of excuses to dismiss her presumption. "Guess I'm right," she commented, silencing his chatter. Midoriya stared at Livitz, long and hard. Unable to trace a precise reaction from the golden blonde, bile began to rise in the back of Midoriya's throat. Speaking no words to one another, All Might soon shot up to the duo, curiosity brewing eagerly off his smile. "Midoriya! Sizuki! What were you talking to Young Bakugou about?" He questioned.