Chapter 1

Finn continued to guide Fern through the woods, refusing to tell him of their destination. Which bothered the grassy teen, sure he shared memories with his human twin but he didn't know what he was thinking. For all the grass boy knew, he was being ditched or killed out here in the middle of the woods. Though he likely doubted it, the demon in his mind still whispered the cruel thoughts to keep him on edge.

"How much longer? It seems like we've been walking for hours, man."

"Don't you worry my bro! We're almost there, trust me. You're gonna like it!"

"Well...okay."

The human boy whistled as to avoid the awkward and tense silence, trying to keep the peace and have it be more relaxed. Soon they've reached their destination, Finn covering Ferns eyes before reaching in full view of the place.

"You ready for your surprise?"

"Well, I guess so?"

"Okay....surprise!"

The boy uncovered his eyes. Fern blinked a few times from the sudden light and adjusted to his surroundings, looking at the beautiful nature based kingdom infront of him.

 Fern blinked a few times from the sudden light and adjusted to his surroundings, looking at the beautiful nature based kingdom infront of him

(Imagine much more flowers all around, like more nature growing and being on the buildings and such. This is the best I can find on pinterest)

"The...flower kingdom?" Fern questioned, his eyes darting around the sight infront of him. He had Finns memories of it sure, but
he'd never seen it in person. "Why are we here?"

"Well I wanted to show you that there's more to being a hero than just fighting bad guys and kicking butts! You gotta protect kingdoms and princesses too, so I figured I'd bring you here since well...You're grass, this kingdom is all nature-y. It seems perfect for you to help train you and make you your own hero!" Finn smiled a wide proud smile, happy with his decision.

Though his words meant well, Fern couldn't help but feel a slight pain in his gut as he thought about all the times he fucked up being like Finn with the other kingdoms, he felt like he was being dumped off here with the thought of him being such a screw up he needed to be with people more like him. Still, he just shot his twin a small weak smile.

"Well, thanks? B-But I don't really know if I'll do any good here, I've already messed up so many times...what if I mess up something so simple that's even apart of me?" His anxiety spoke for him as he stared at the ground, the demon whispering more paranoid thoughts to scare him.

Finn placed a hand on his shoulder and gave a reassuring smile, "I believe in you Fern, I have full trust in you that you'll be good here. You can just test it put for a few days and see if you're comfortable. If you need any tips on what to do to help out the kingdom, don't be afraid to ask Jake and I. Okay?"