CHAPTER 1

I've been staring at the wall in my room for the past two hours thinking of how I'm going to ace my history test tomorrow but now I'm starting to lose interest In the wall.

I'm broken out of my chain of thoughts by my sister, Cara calling my name
"Maya", she called out

Let me introduce myself, my name is Maya Jones and I have an older sister named Cara. We moved to Boston when I was seven after our parents death, at that time Cara had just turned nineteen so she was allowed to have custody of me.

We live in a normal sized house nothing too grand because we don't really have the money to afford anything too expensive and Cara works as a Lawyer in Sterling PFA.

"Yes Cara", I reply
"Can you please come into the kitchen", she says.

I get up from the bed and leave my room. In less than a minute I reach the kitchen. Before i get a chance to ask her the reason why she called me , she hands me a piece of paper with things written on it which looks more like a shopping list than a regular piece of paper.

"I need you to go to Walmart to get me a few things", she says and I just nod my head in response seeing has I had nothing to say.

I decided to go without my car so that I can get some exercise. I leave the kitchen and go towards the front door. Immediately i open the door I'm greeted by the cold air kissing my skin. I smile slightly at the cool feeling.

Once I step outside fully I connect my earpods to my phone and put it on to block out all sounds around me, I set my Iphone to play "FAY" by Layomi. Then I began my walk to the store.

"I never thought that I'll be
So many times that we've been
So many times that we've been seen together
Fay a magical one, the kind in my heart my one and only faaa---"

I nod my head to the beat of the song and soon enough the chorus of the song starts to play but before i get a chance to sing it I realize that I'm standing right in front of the store. I step inside and start looking for everything that I need.

A few hours later I finish my shopping and pay for my things. When i step out the building, I realize that its already dark but I still decide to walk back home instead of taking a taxi so has to save some money. I think I'll just pass a short cut to get home faster. Then i began my trek.

A few minutes later I stop in front of an alley. Just as I was about to walk into it, I heard some noise coming from inside that sounded like people running when I heard dogs barking.
If there is one thing I hate other than being woken up from my sleep is dogs (No offense to dog lovers). With that in mind, I decided to hide behind a car I spotted near by.

Just as I ducked behind the car, i saw four huge figures run out of the alley with three police dogs tailing them.
The faces of the figures weren't clear but I could identify that the dogs were police dogs because the moon light was reflecting on the badges they had on their collar.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by the sound of gun shots, when I looked at the source of the sound I was horrified by the sight in front of me. One of the figures had a gun pointed right at the lifeless body of the dogs. The killed police dogs. It was a huge crime to kill animals especially dogs for that matter. It was one thing to kill a dog but killing a police dog was a completely different thing. It was equivalent to killing a person and the punishment for killing a police dog is the same as killing a person. Without thinking twice I opened the back door of the car I was using to shield myself and threw the shopping bags on the pavement, thankfully the car was unlocked.