it's not your fault, ch.1

Welcome to the first chapter! My keyboard was being really screwy while writing this;-;
That's why the chapters so short. Sorry, and enjoy!

Emma didn't want to think about the wounds.

"C'mon, Ray!"

She really didn't want to think about the scars.

"Wha- E-Emma!"

She was only focused on getting him to the infirmary.

"Raaaayyy! C'mon!"

Getting him to live.

"Emma... *sigh*"

"Emma!" A voice cuts through her thoughts like a knife. She looks around, dazed and confused. "Emma!" The voice shouts again. "Gilda! Gilda, where is Anna?" Emma's legs are trembling from running. "Emma? What's wrong?" Don's voice comes from behind her. The orange haired girl turned around slowly. Don's eyes widen with shock when he sees what she's carrying.

"C'mon, we have to help it!"

Emma starts running down the hall again towards the infirmary. "H-hold on, Ray! Ju-just a little longer!"

"Emma, we can't, it's already gone."

When she finally reaches the infirmary door, Emma kicks it open and says in a tearful voice, "Anna..." her younger sister turns around and sees Emma's load. She lets out a small gasp and walks towards Emma, who's visibly shaking by now.

"We have to at least try, Ray!"

"Put him on the cot.." Anna manages. Emma listens and gently puts her best friend on the soft mattress. It was only then she could get a full look at his injuries. He had a long, raking wound going from the base on his stomach to the top of his forehead, and his shirt had large spots of blood from where his torso had been pierced, along with a large spot where the Vida Flower had been stabbed into him.

"Poor thing..."

Anna was working furiously trying to patch the dark haired boy up, and Emma was standing in the corner, shaking. Gilda quietly opened the door and beckoned for Emma to come outside. Emma obliged, and when she had gotten out into the hallway, she dropped onto her knees and bent over, wrapping her arms around her legs like a shield for her heart. She let out a large, heart wrenching scream, like the one she'd had when she first found out about the demons.

"Emma, let's go."

Gilda knelt down, and rubbed Emma's back. Her scream died down into tiny, hiccuping sobs. "Emma.. do you wanna tell us what happened? It might make you feel better..." Gilda began. Emma nodded. She tried to get up, but her legs wouldn't obey her mind's commands. Gilda attempted a small smile. Offering the carrot-topped girl her hand, she said. "I'll make tea. Is it okay if Don and Yuugo come too?" Emma nodded again and gratefully took Gilda's hand. <I'm so lucky to have such good siblings...> She thought.

"No, Ray! I won't leave it here! Maybe Anna can-"

Emma bit the inside of her cheek to stop from crying again. She whimpered and squeezed Gilda's hand, who squeezed it back.

"EMMA, GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

Emma blinked back tears. They had reached the dining hall. Gilda helped her into a chair next to Yuugo. Gilda said something about tea, but Emma only halfway heard her. She was to busy looking up at Yuugo, the closest thing she had to a father. The adult's eyes swirled with anger, worry and was that.... fear? No, it couldn't be. Yuugo didn't care about them. He'd said so many times.

"RAY!"

Gilda returned to the table with mugs and a teapot. "So... Emma.." Yuugo began, taking a flask from his hips and chugging it. "Wanna tell us what happened?"

End of chapter 1!
Hope you enjoyed!