p 4

after basically an hour of talking, andrea felt herself getting more and more tired. she stayed silent as she listened to sam ranting about something random.

"...and then i watched the tiktok like, five thousand times! and— andrea?" sam questions as she sees andrea almost drifting off to sleep.

"what— oh, i'm listening, continue," andrea says, scooting closer to sam.

"anyways... as i was saying..." sam hesitates, "actually, let's talk about something else."

"what did you have in mind?" andrea asks, yawning.

sam pauses, glancing at andrea's lips before looking back up, "what have you been up to recently?"

andrea sighs, "i've been hanging out with... kyle a lot."

"andrea— i didnt mean to bring it up,"

"no, it's fine, sam. i need to talk about it anyways," there's a pause, "i actually was doubting my feelings with him for awhile now, i didn't expect it to hurt this bad though."

"doubting?" sam questions.

"i kinda felt like we were drifting away, he just never managed to fill my needs."

sam sat with her hands in her lap, thinking.

"it's okay though, he's gone now," andrea smiles.

"true, he was musty anyways," sam adds. they both start laughing.

after the laughing died down, they spent a few silent moments looking into each other's eyes, distracted.

a small sneeze comes from andrea before she sniffles. this wasn't the first time this night.

"i think i caught a little cold," andrea mumbles.

"i mean you were standing out in the rain for awhile,  no wonders," sam shrugs. it was quiet before sam noticed andrea looking down.

"is everything okay?" sam asks.

"oh— yeah, its just my head hurts kinda."

sam takes a moment before opening her blanket and patting next to her, "wanna share?"

andrea's mouth parts as a smile covers her face. she scoots over, going hip to hip with her friend and stealing half of her blanket.

sam awkwardly throws her hand around andrea, making andrea slightly blush.

"uh... a movie?" sam suggests, grabbing the remote, wanting to fill the awkward silence.

"sure."

"i'll just put something random on, nothing too loud cause you have a headache," sam says, clicking a few buttons and switching to a random channel— which was already halfway through a movie.

at first it was slightly awkward, but soon out of being uncomfortable, andrea scooted even closer to sam, snuggling their head into the crook of her neck.

sam took this cue to tighten the grip around her friend. she let out a comfortable sigh before focusing on the movie.