16 | super bowl parties

COFFEE

16 | super bowl parties

     Maddie held her heels in her hands, cheeks flushed a bright red. She managed to make it to the door of the meeting room silently, much to her relief.

     "Where were you tonight?" Hotch asked curiously.

     "I told you, I went to the Smithsonian," he answered.

     "You missed a good time."

     "I had a good time."

"Looks like Maddie had a good time, too," Derek laughed at her disheveled appearance, Madlyn pressing her lips together and looking over at him.

"Funny. Anything else you want to say to me?" she offered, outstretching her arms.

"Nothing other than what the hell!" Penelope gasped. "What happened to you?"

She sighed, dropping her heels to the floor beside her and sitting in the empty seat next to Spencer. "Me and Jake had some friends round," she answered.

"Madlyn, you look like you're doing your walk of shame."

"Thanks, Penelope," she scoffed. "I had to call a cab and hurled in the trash can in the lobby on my way here because when I drink a lot I get motion sickness. It sucks. I should be at home with my friends and fiancé. This night sucks."

     "Well, it's only going to get worse from here," JJ promised, walking into the room with heavy and annoyed footsteps. "Georgia. The Kyles, Dennis and Lacy, were murdered an hour ago in their suburban Atlanta home."

     "An hour ago?"

     "Police were on scene unusually fast."

     "Why?"

     "One of the unsubs called them and told them that the other was about to murder the victims," she explained, Maddie scrunching her nose.

     "Seriously?"

     "From inside the house. According the the dispatcher, the first male sounded terrified and begged them to get there because the other, who the both identified as Raphael, was about to kill the sinners who lived there."