prologue: "no tears, no blood"

TW: Graphic Fighting, Death

Marcel Ruiz is the name I heard, played through the speakers as I stepped up on the thin white mat surrounded by walls of fences.

behind those, screaming teenagers and old millionaires, cigars in hand. looking to make money off teenage bodies.

"Coming into the ring tonight, You know him, You love em'... Marcel "Ringer" Ruiz!"

during the start of my career, it was clear i was good. better than good even. definitely in a higher category than other beginners. my matches were quick. swift. adrenaline packed. the second you get in the ring with me; you hear the bell, I've already beat you. hence:

ringer.

I walked into the ring, my moppy black hair already dripped with sweat from the bright golden lights. My tan skin absorbing the heat as I wait for my opponent. I had my lucky purple boxer shorts on. Just me and the opponent.

tonight I was fighting Lucian Grey. he was one of the best at his club. apparently he killed a guy.

show-off.

this was one of the rare fights I could actually lose. any fight against the vipers deem harder than usual.

The Viper Club. our biggest rivals since the beginning. they are feared all around California, with different bases all over the state, but their home base is right here in San Jose, on the northside. a thin line separating them from the southside, us. Vice Kings Club.

vipers and vices have been feuding for over 30 years. the only time we're allowed on each other's property is when a fight is going on.

so sure. one could call me a little freaked ...I'd never admit it though, i'm the only one supporting my family right now. the money I make from these fights keeps my family and sister alive.

My sister.

my good luck charm, my best friend. ride or die. although we are the regular old siblings that fight each other and yell for taking too long in the bathroom, she's still the best sister I could ask for. i do it all for her and mama.

"WOOHOO, let's go hermano!" She screams from her front-row spot. a blue wrap dress with flowers surrounds her.

I let a small smile at her excitement as I frown inside. I'd never want to let her down.

as I space out on my sister, a guy, pale as a ghost and hair like chalk, looking close to my age, walks over to her, a smirk plastered across his face, leather jacket and smooth light blonde hair right on the top of his head.

he looks like an unused white crayon.

He licks his lips in a seductive way, his chest hard and still and mouth breathing his shit all over her.

"Well hello-" he begins

without even looking at him my sister puts a hand in his face.

"It didn't hurt when I fell from heaven, I know I'm not the first chick you've hit on, do us both a favour, and leave before your body spray kills my lungs" she says as she waves him off.

he looks at her in surprise then disgust, his chest rising and falling in sync as he turns his heel to the next available girl he sees.

she rolls her eyes, straightens her dress and looks back at me and putting a finger to her mouth to imitate gagging.

I almost laugh as I turn to see smoke fill the air, signalling my opponent is coming.

"And in the other corner, we have new fresh blood coming all the way from Vipers Club: Lucian Grey!"