⚔️ Chapter 1 ⚔️

{7 years ago}
"No!" Shoyo screamed at his parents

"Shoyo sweetie- I know it's hard but you have to fulfill your part"

"But mom I don't want to slay demons. I just want to be a normal kid--follow my dreams, go to school, making friends-- all those stuff!"

"You can still make friends even if your a demon slayer. You can still learn as you fight and rescue people. Think of it like you're a...a superhero!" His dad tried to convince him.

"But I don't want to be a superhero! Even if I am, how can I follow my dreams?!" Shoyo cried.

"You can still follow your dreams-"

"HOW?!"

No one answered.

Shoyo then banged the table and rushed to his room. His mom cried while his dad tried to comfort her, telling her that stress is not good for the baby.

Shoyoburst into their room and hid under the covers, where he sobbed. Their thunderous voices were so loud that  little Shiyu heard the entire conversation so she didn't ask what happened. She crept slowly to his oni-chan's bed, comforting him while humming a lullabye.

"What should I do Shiyu? *Sniff *sniff I don't want to become a demon slayer I want the freedom to pursue my own dream." He then said after he calm down.

"Im sorry Shoyo-niichan. I don't...know, Shiyu said in defeat

"It's so unfair why does we have to give up our dreams and bear this curse? Why can't we be normal?" He whined as Shiyu pat his back.

(AN: "Give up your dreams and die." The wise words of our pwetty boi levi🙏)

Then an idea came unto her.

"Shoyo what about I-

BANG

They heard a crash outside of their house followed by a scent of blood that both Shiyu and Shoyo noticed.

They quickly ran to the window to see their father fighting the very demon that took away our freedom to follow our dreams, the upper demon 1.

Their speed was like the speed of sound, faster than the eyes could follow. They saw nothing but a blur as they could do nothing but wat h quietly from afar.

After a few minutes, something flew out of the blur fight. It was dad's sword!

Suddenly, Dad was kicked in the stomach and flew towards the storage room. Blood was everywhere. We screamed and begged dad to stand up but he only turned to look at us with a sad, defeated smile and said something. We couldn't hear but we were able to understand as we read his lips

"I love you all"

We watched in horror as we saw our father being tore to shreds in front of our eyes. The once calm looking face of my father was covered in his own blood. We heard his bones break as it drowned in our cries and screams.

As soon as the demon was finished with his 'meal' he turned to us and we froze.

"You just witnessed the death of your father in front of your eyes. I will crush each one of you slowly. First the eldest, then your twin, after your little sister, and lastly your mother. I await the day the Hinata family will finally cease to exist." His murderous laughed echoed through the night as he left, leaving only a pool of blood. Nothing was spared, not even bones to cremate him. Just a red...blood...

We were still in shock as our mother came in and embraced us.

"M-m-mom, d-dad is..."

"I know, I know. Im sorry you had to see all that. It will be alright." Their mom tried to comfort them but then failed as her voice cracked then sobbed.

They hugged each other as they cried in each other's embrace that night as they mourn for the death of their father.

As they mourn, Himiko was kept repeating this words in her head, hoping that it may saved the lives of her family, and the future generations. With frustration and and with a heavy heart, the words she couldn't tell her brother would be her greatest motivation.

'I don't want to see my brother give up his dreams and passion. I don't want to see my mom cry and support us by herself. I don't want my baby sister to see and witness the same event we experienced tonight.
I will become the next demon slayer. I will slay the upper demon 1 and make him suffer tenfold for the lives and the pain he bought to my ancestors"

And with that she left the next day, in replacement of her older brother, Shoyo, who as the eldest should have been the one to continue the curse, and stopped contacting them after two years.

            ~Four years later~

"Come in"

The twins opened the door and the hazel-haired girl came in and sat on her knees with her head on the ground.

"You may raise your head

Moon Hashira, Shiyu Hinata"

⚔️__________________________________⚔️

AN: Double updates!!✧\(>o<)ノ✧
I guess this what happens when you're bored

Even if  this is still the first  chapter, I'm already having a lot of difficulties such as accidentally switching from third pov to first pov.ಠ_ʖಠ

Anyways hope you guys enjoy this chapter too. (´ε` )

This is Levanta signing out~