Chapter 6: Family Brawl

I looked at the similar-faced man, and blinked a couple times before running to the closest bathroom. Anna followed me in there and I started hyperventalating. What was he doing in town? Didn't he hate me? Why was he here? All these questions were running through my head. I was shaking ferociously.

"Calm down, Meg,"

"Anna, do you, do you realize that, did you see him?" I blubbered.

"Yes, I did. Who was he anyway?"

I paused for a minute, trying to clear the confusion in my head.

"My father,"

(A/N How evil would I be if I stopped there? Mwahaha... Proceed)

"Your father? I thought he walked out on you guys before you were even born? How would you even recognize him? Think about it Meg, he's just your average guy who seems to have telepathic powers because he knew you would'want to change your schedule. Also, we are officially late for homeroom," she raved as the bell rang.

"I've seen pictures. I know my mom still loves him in some way, even after all this time, because she keeps picture of him and her locked up in the attic, and Mace, being the sly one that he is, found the key to the attic and we saw pictures of him and her in a little picture box. They were always kind of blurry or damged. They all look like they've been through hell and back. But there was one clear picture that hadn't been damaged at all at the very bottom of the picture box. It was of the two of them. He is sitting with her and they are showing off their matching tattoos to the camera. They both have the same one on their right ankle. She stilll has the picture and the tattoo, and I don't know why she still has them. He knocked her up and left two days later, you'd think she would want to rid herself of any remberance of him," I explained my tone of voice rising, "What will my mother do if he still loves her supposedly? Does he think he can just come here and everything will be okay? He. Shouldn't. Be. Here," I added on angrily at the end.

"But, if he wanted to ditch you guys, why is he here?"

"Probably to get money," I spat out, "After all, he did leave us in the dumps."

"You should find out," Anna reasoned.

"No, no, no, I will not find out. He does not deserve to even talk to me. Do you realize what he did to us?"

"Well, I'm not saying that if he were to beg for forgiveness you should take him back with open arms, just find out what he's doing here,"

Just then we heard a bang from outside, and my brother's voice.

"YOU B*STARD! WHY WOULD YOU COME BACK HERE? AFTER ALL THIS TIME? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO I AM?" Mace screamed.

Anna and I rushed out of the bathroom to see what was happening. My father was showing the signs of sporting a black eye, and my brother was being held back by the principal and the security guard that was placed at the front of the school. The seceratary was looking frantic, not knowing what to do and enevitably left the room. Some students were standing in the halls watching, but there weren't many because the homeroom bell already rang.

"I'M ONE OF THE TWINS YOU LEFT BEHIND, ONE OF THE TWINS WHO WONDERED WHY EVERYONE ELSE HAD A DAD AND I DIDN'T! I DON'T HAVE A DAD AND I NEVER WILL!" My brother yelled, struggling to break free.

 "Mason!" I shouted, running over to him, "He's not worth it, calm down." I looked into Mason's baby blue eyes filled with fury, and calmed him down with the empathetic gaze of my green ones. I motioned for the principal and security guard to leave.

"I would like some privacy with Mason and my, uh, father, please," I begged. At first they wouldn't budge, but eventually the principal left and the security moved to a corner in the room.