Zemo x Reader (TFATWS timeline) Pt. 1

•In this imagine you are Bucky's sister•
•Episode 3 spoilers ahead kinda•
•y/f/c = your favorite color•

I walked into the warehouse warily, looking around for Bucky and Sam. They had called me saying they finally had a lead on where to go to find the new serum and it's creator. That's when I also noticed someone I didn't expect and I froze in place. "You broke Zemo out of jail?! What if he turns against us?!" I tried to control my tone but it agitated me that they had gotten one of the most dangerous men to help us. "Y/N come on we need his help, he's the one who has our lead anyways" Bucky tried to reassure me but I was still skeptical. "If he turns on us I'm blaming you" I said then looked at Zemo "and since you're here why did you help me escape Hydra way back when?" I asked him, still wondering why.

~Flashback~

I sat in my cell, covered in bruises yet again from the Hydra guards when I heard my door open again and I looked up to see Zemo waking towards me. "What did they do to you?" He sounded... worried?? Weird. "The usual, ya know kicking me around and such" I replied, my voice breaking cause of the pain. "No matter how many times I tell them to leave them alone they never listen..." Zemo muttered under his breath. He's always the one to help me and he always tries to protect me but I still don't know how much I can trust him since he works for hydra. He walked over and cleaned up my face, getting off the dirt and blood then hesitated looking at me and patted my head "next time try to alert me if you can, they have been told many times not to hurt you" he then left to go back to his post.
~Zemo's POV~
Why do I have do care about them? They're just some prisoner for Hydra.. no they're Y/N, not just some prisoner. Ugh.

~Present time, Y/N's POV~
"Because believe it or not I care, let's leave it at that" Zemo replied, walking past me and getting his trenchcoat, pulling it on. I just huffed in response. There's no way he cares, he's supposed to be a bad guy. "Well don't care too much Zemo" Bucky said as he walked past and we drove to an airstrip where Zemo's plane was waiting for us. "Wait how were you rich this whole time?" Sam asked, looking at Zemo.
"I may have hated working with Hydra but I made lots of money." He said bluntly, clearly not liking the subject. "You got paid.. to torture Y/N?" Sam continued anyways. I'm not sure why but this bothered me that Sam pushed the subject when Zemo was clearly uncomfortable, but it did  so I jumped in "he never hurt me actually, he was the one who always helped me after and tried to stop them" I countered as we all got on the plane. Sam and Bucky sat next to each other so that left me next to Zemo. Bucky looked at me confused "first you hate him now you're defending him?" I just shrugged, "I don't hate him, I just question your decision making sometimes"

~time skip to madripoor~
We all walked down the road towards where we were going to be picked up. Sam was in this funky looking suit cause he's supposed to be some guy called Smiling Tiger. Bucky sadly had to pretend to be the Winter Soldier again so he was in his gear and I was in a  y/f/c  dress (or suit if you prefer). I just had to pretend to be Zemo's girlfriend which seemed simple enough. "Remember to stay in character no matter what" Zemo reminded us as we got into a car and drove to the bar that Selby would be at.

~to be continued next chapter~