5- Drops of Jupiter (the letter)

a song a chapter-

"Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star? One without a permanent scar; And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?"

Drops of Jupiter

–Train

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Sorry for not updating in so long, I've been really busy with school and had MAJOR writers block. I'm going to try and be more consistent from now on. Sorry if this sucks, but I wanted to get an update out for those of you still waiting

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

(Time skip- 2 month)

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Hannah's POV–

The past months that Ginny's been here has been the happiest I've seen Florence since before our parents died. She and Ginny have seen each other almost every day since their first date at the Leaky Cauldron. And you'll never believe this next part...

She's actually been taking time off of work.

Florence Abbott. Taking time off work. To spend time with her girlfriend. Even Neville noticed her change in attitude. 

Ginny, the twins, and Zelda have all been coming to have dinner every Friday, and everyone just seems to be more... I don't know... bright.

That was until we hadn't seen Florence for 3 days. We all assumed she had just been spending time with Ginny, until Zelda was the only one who showed up for Friday-night-dinner with a tear stained piece of parchment in her hand.

"Zelda, finally! We've been worried sick about Flo, is she almost here?"

Zelda just stood there for a second and finally shook her head no.

"She's been sitting in her room for days, Han. I had to go to Mr. Ollivander to tell him she's sick. Ginny gave her this letter, I practically had to pry it away from a sleeping Flo, and... you better read it..."

I took the letter from her and opened it...

Dear Florence,

We both knew this was coming eventually. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you in person... right now I'm sending Pigwidgeon from the train station waiting for my ride (they wouldn't let us apparate, something about "possibly splinching").

If you hadn't already guessed it, I got called back for work. Gwenog wants the team back so we can "get used to the cold", as if we hadn't been playing in this weather the past 3 or so years we've been a team.

Mum wanted to see me before I went back to Holyhead. I wanted nothing more than to invite you so you could meet her and dad, but Florence... I didn't want to tell you in fear you would think of me as weak, but I haven't told my parents I like girls yet. All my siblings know (well, maybe not Percy, I don't think he's caught on yet surprisingly. I thought he was the smart one). Flo, I'm scared. I know they'll be accepting, but all the "what if's" are holding me back. 

I promise you, if by the time I come back you still want to see me, we'll tell them. 

I'll see you in a few months for Spring Holiday.

Love,

Ginny Weasley

"Shit." Neville said from over my shoulder. "Did she write back?"

"She's crushed, guys. I-I really don't know what to do. I had to call George and Fred and tell them I couldn't come in this week because I had to take care of her, although I think they caught on. She hasn't been this bad since their first break up, maybe even your parents," Zelda said in one breath.

"It will be okay though. Ginny said she's coming back for spring holiday which is only... 2 months away! And we can buy her tickets to go see Ginny play so they can have dinner or something, and once she gets back they'll go see Molly and Arthur and everything will be fine. Right?" I asked them, the two only looking back and forth at me and each other.

"Right?"

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

A/N- Sorry for not updating for so long loves, and sorry if I broke your heart with this chapter, but I love Ginny and Flo too much to break them apart so do not fret!

Love and Quidditch,

Zinnia.