Chapter Forty-Six

The sun outside was covered by some clouds. October was not characterized by being a rainy month, but it seemed that there would be a drizzle, or that was what Frida thought as she looked  through the large window of her new office. The place had a terrace but she told herself that she would not go out there if it was not necessary, when she looked down she believed she'd fall; Although the building was not extremely tall, it was high enough to make one tremble when you were on top of it. Her nerves had already calmed down and she felt more confident, Görel welcomed her this morning and made her aware of everything, of course she would be her right hand as the vice president of the company.

Right now Frida was taking a little break, it was twelve o'clock in the afternoon and she had already done a couple of things, most of them were just checking paperwork and signing documents, later she would take the time to read each document, page by page, she couldn't miss any details. She wanted to do things right, and why not? make Alfred proud of his choice. Upon arriving, more than one employee looked at her walk, it was not the first time but this occasion was different. Frida knew that she had to officially present herself with the company, but first of all with the board of directors, that is why on Wednesday she would have a meeting with the respective members, it was the most prudent thing to do. Likewise, it was also a good option to have a dinner for all the members of the company, just like the one that was offered when Alfred arrived in town. Whatever she chose, she had to do it this week.

Frida sat back behind her large desk and looked around; the office was quite spacious and she loved the decor, it was like a dream to be here. She lifted the speaker of the phone and dialed line 1, almost instantly answered Joana, who had gone from being the secretary of the accountant to the executive secretary of the president of the company. Thirty seconds later, the girl walked through the door.

"Tell me, Miss President," Joana said with a hint of amusement in her voice.

Frida laughed and shook her head gently. "I need your help,"

"Sure, what am I good for?"

"I need a personal assistant, with all the hustle and bustle here I will need more hands and an extra brain. So I need you to launch a call, nothing very impressive though, I don't want hundreds of girls and boys lining up in the hall, I don't have much time to interview them,"

"Call for personal assistant," Joana said quietly as she typed on her iPad. "Agree. Any particular feature you are looking for?"

"I made a little list," Frida replied, searching through the notes on her phone. "I'll send it to you by whatsapp,"

"Very good."

"Do you think you can have it by the end of the day? So it will be published tomorrow morning and, if I am lucky, I will have a personal assistant for this Friday,"

"Of course, you just tell me when you want things and I will manage to get them in a timely manner,"

"I know," Frida said softly. "That's it then,"

"Alright boss," Joana crooned. "This place is amazing," she said, looking around the room.

"It is," she agreed. "My father and my dear husband took care of everything, apparently they make a good team,"

"That is good, isn't it? To have a good relationship, they are two important men in your life."

Frida frowned and her mind began to work; of course it was good that Alfred and Benny got along, although she actually did not care about that detail at any time. Unlike her friends, Frida never had to worry about the fact that whether her parents liked her boyfriend or not, in fact, Mormor was never very strict in that regard and not that Frida had many boyfriends in her teens. "Yes," she replied simply, and internally she wondered how Benny was doing...