Chapter Sixty-Six

Benny walked down the hall while adjusting his thin leather jacket. The night ahead expected to be special and he of course had to look appropriate. He knocked on the door of his sister's room to make his presence known, even though it was open. "May I come in?" Asked as he entered.

"You're already in," Eva answered with a roll of eyes. She finished dressing Gösta while little boy looked at his mother with curiosity.

"Sorry," he giggled. "How do I look?" He stopped and showed off his outfit, even turning around slowly.

"Horrible," she grimaced, Benny frowned and began to inspect his own look.

"Why?" He looked at himself in the full-length mirror that Eva had in the room. "Is it the color of the shirt? Or the shoes? Don't tell me the hair, I just cut it and perfected my beard."

Eva-Lis laughed, he sounded like a teenager trying to look good to please her girl. "Everything." Benny looked at her with wide eyes. "Yeah, I'm kidding. You look good brother, very handsome."

"I'm not in the mood to joke around, you know?"

Eva rolled her eyes and took Gösta in her arms, dressed in his gray romper, ready for bed. "What mood are you in then?" she asked playfully.

He blushed. "I'm just nervous. It's been a long time since the last time Frida and I went out on this plan. Also, it's the first time we leave Ella."

"It will only be a few hours, brother," she walked toward him. "This will be good for both of you. Now you are parents but also a couple. I know how much you've been waiting to be alone."

"Oh yeah?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah well, I'm not blind." With her free hand she adjusted his jacket. "Go and have fun. I am happy to stay with the children. I only put Gosta to sleep and then Ella."

Benny smiled and stroked his nephew's head. "Thank you, sister. You are the best, I owe you a present."

"Uh, I like that."

"I'll see if Frida is ready," he checked his wristwatch. "We'll be late for the reservation."

"Don't rush her."

"No way. I won't push my luck tonight." He chuckled and kissed her on the cheek before leaving for his room.

As Benny predicted, they arrived late at the reservation, but not because Frida was slow to get ready, but because before leaving Ella began to cry from hunger, so Frida fed her and after a while they left. The place they chose was extremely nice; it was a terrace in a new restaurant, the place had a beautiful view of the sea. The night was cool but pleasant, Frida wore a black dress to the knees but still felt warm. Or maybe it was Benny's gaze that kept her warm. The waiter arrived with the food and a special bottle of red wine and poured the glasses. "Thank you," Benny said. "Babe, if you don't want wine, I'll order something else without alcohol."

"It's fine, just for tonight." Frida brought the glass to her lips, had spent months without drinking alcohol and the truth is that this drink tasted great. "Mm, delicious." Benny, who never took his eyes off her, unconsciously licked his lips; she looked quite sexy.

"Bon appetit, then." They began to eat, the conversation also flowed and the flirtatious looks prevailed. This moment brought back memories. The last few months were dedicated to their baby, filled with care, doctors and some drama in their lives. But being here made them remember the first months, when they were secretly dating and everything was adrenaline. They used to make the most of every moment together, without wasting any second, their encounters were intense. Everything was different now, yes; more beautiful, stronger.