Chapter Seven

"Remind me again about why the hell I'm doing this!" I shout from the top of the cliff.
"Because!" He shouted back, "you need to learn how to fly!"
Ugh. I. Am. Going. To. Die.
"What happens if I can't?!"
"Well then you'll just fall. You should survive the fall."
"SHOULD!?"
I faintly heard him laugh from below.
"Don't worry you'll be fine."
Here goes nothing I guess. And if I do fall to my death bed, I hope it won't me painful or slow.
After moments of hesitation, I finally jumped. Oh shit. Oh shit. How do I do this? I searched my mind for the earlier instructions Cale gave me. Okay. Okay. Open my wings. Good. Now straighten them. I opened my eyes and saw the ground closing in. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Okay, now concentrate.
We went over this learning to fly thing for five whole days. Watching videos to learn how birds fly, since they don't have videos about angels learning to fly.
Finally, I got my wings straightened and the feathers pointed outward. I was only two feet from the ground when my body lifted up into the air. And I was flying!
Cale let out a whoop, I burst out laughing and almost ran straight into a tree.
After some time went by, I turned around and went back to Cale. He was just in view. Hmm now to figure out how to land. About five meters in front of Cale I put my legs out I front of me and actually landed gracefully.
"That was really amazing!" Exclaimed Cale.
I blushed and laughed.
"Hell yeah it was!"
"Now, I'll need to teach you other things."
"Other things like what?"
He smile. "That's for a later conversation."
Ugh. Not this again.
"Come on Rube, let's go eat."

We walked for about an hour till I saw this huge oak tree looming over us.
"Wow.." I gasped.
"Beautiful, isn't it?"
"Very."
He led me to the trunk of the tree and we sat down. He handed me one sandwich, with turkey, mayo, and mustered in it, and an apple. And the same for himself. We ate our lunch in peace.
"So," Cale said between mouthfuls, "I was thinking that I'm going to show you where I actually live. Where I grew up."
"Okay."
After our meal was done we headed out to go to the Nevernever.
"Since you obviously can walk through realms, we don't have to find a portal anywhere. We'll just have to find to closest way to the Unseelie Court." Cale explained. We continued to walk on.

We walked for hours, it was getting dark out and my legs were starting to cramp.
"How much further? My legs are starting to cramp." I complained.
"Not much, were almost there."
Good. Then suddenly I felt the temperature drop, and I started shivering. I felt the same thing I felt last time I walked into the Nevernever, tingling skin not as bad as the last time though.
On the other side, it was all white. Blindingly so. There's so much snow. I can't even see any other color than white, well maybe some brown, from the trees.
"Welcome to the Tir Na Nog." Cale exclaimed.
"The what?"
"The Winter Court."
I smiled, still shivering. Man it's getting colder out here. Cale look at me and motioned for us to move on.
As we continued to walk, I got more and more confused as to where we were. I definitely wouldn't be able to find my own way back.
By this time I completely lost track of time, I didn't keep track on how long we were walking either. Looking at my phone wasn't worth it either, it was completely frozen. Literally. I'm surprised I'm not frozen like that.
"Hey!" Cale yelped, "get that out of here!"
"Why." I asked puzzled.
"Because that poisonous to my kind. And my father wouldn't be pleased if he saw it."
"Sorry..." I mumbled, "so, where am I supposed to put it then?"
"Over here."
He pulled me towards a big tree and told me to put it under a root.
We continued to walk on. Now we were in an open plain.
Suddenly there was a huge gust of wind that almost knocked me off my feet, then a loud terrifying roar in the sky.
"GET DOWN!" Cale yelled.
Above us there was loud swishing noises, it almost sounded like thunder. Then there's a great thump beside us, followed by the ground shaking with tremors.
I looked up when everything calmed, thinking that it was all over. What I saw terrified me. The beast is massive, towering over us with at least a good 40 foot difference between us and it's head. The head of the beast has terrifying large teeth and a powerful jaw that can easily snap a tree in half. It has huge sleek horns on both sides of it's face, and long spike like horns going down it's neck all the way to the end of the tail. It's scales are black a purple. Four massive legs supported the body.
Realization suddenly hit.
"A dragon?" I gasped.
"Yes my dear lost angel." The dragon said quite gently, "I am Luna, one of the first dragons. I was once your dragon. Back in your first life, that is. You see, each born angel gets a dragon at birth. As soon as the angel is born, a dragon will appear that night in the crib beside them. They grow up together, protect each other, and trained together. But one day something tragic happened to you, and you died. I have been looking for you ever since, our bond never broke so I could still sense you, I've followed it each and everyday, but everyday I got close, you died. That bond told me that you were still here. I've been through thick and thin, across strange plains and battled other dragons to find you. And I finally found you."

*****
Hey! Sorry I haven't been updating for a while, ya know school and stuff 😒and that the chapters are short, but that'll change. It may be a while before I add on to this story, because I am making another one. Oh! And if you have any good ideas for this story, that'd be great! Ideas are always welcome ^.^