Clem - 1

Clem was a story that I did put on Wattpad, in fact it was on Wattpad for a decent amount of time. Here's the summary:

Clementine Eckles is living to survive. With no boyfriend, a nagging mother and a protective best friend and sister, she only has her two ferrets to keep her mind sane. With no time for herself, will a stunning man who seems new to her town help her break free from her shell?

--

Eventually she does get with Scotty-Boy and she gains self confidence throughout the story.

---------------------

Chapter 1: Laundromat

"Yeah, yeah I know," I said holding my cellphone up to my ear with my shoulder. I was digging into my purse, trying to find the extra twenty dollar note I had brought with me. Somehow it seemed to escape my wallet which was definitely not good. I sighed agitatedly, "Look, can I call you back later? I'm trying to find this twenty and," I let out a frustrated growl, "I just don't even wanna be in this place anymore." I whined aggressively, looking around at the humid, stuffy Laundromat.

"Fine," my best friend said with a huff, "But we're talking about this later."

My lip balm and tissue pack fell out of my purse and onto the floor. "Ugh! OK OK! I'll talk to you later." I said as my knees twisted awkwardly while I tried to squat in my brown pencil skirt while holding all of my junk and my phone.

Since I was using a touch phone I didn't need to do anything after my friend hung up. I let my phone slip from my shoulder into my purse skillfully and finally stooped perfectly to retrieve my items. I picked up the things that fell out of my purse and threw them back in. From the depths of my bag I saw a little green papery corner. I yanked it out and sure enough it was the twenty bucks I was looking for.

I stood back up, slinging the purse back onto my shoulder. People were beginning to look at me as if I were a madman. I blew out an agitated sigh and stuffed the bill into the change machine. After a couple of seconds I began to hear the roar of silver change as the machine calculated the amount and started spitting out the coins into a holder. I took the coins and started putting them into the pockets of my navy blue, off-white polka dotted, shirt.

Now that my boobs looked like complete lump sacks from all the change, I made my way over to an industrial washing machine that had a purple clothes basket sitting on top of it. I approached it and shut the door; the machine was full of all the clothes I had worn that week. I stuffed four dollars and fifty cents worth of quarters into the machine and pressed start. Water began to leak into the small hole my clothes were stuffed into and I stood in front of the machine with my arms crossed as I observed my environment.

I hated Sudsy Clothes Salon. I didn't really like any other Laundromat either, but Sudsy was horrendous. It was always humid and hot (can't complain when it's winter though) and turned my red hair super frizzy. There were constantly flies from all the people who walked in and out. The flies were so used to being around humans that they had no qualms about landing in your stuff, landing on you, or the fact that you swatted at them. Swatting at Laundromat flies was useless. They thought it was a complete joke.

I'd be a liar if I said at least I can socialize with people. No. The people there are weird, and no one wants to talk. I saw washing machines that had various hampers under them or baskets on them; it was the international sign of: hey pal, someone's using this machine.

I looked at the machine and saw that it was time to add the soap. I added a little powdered detergent and some liquid detergent. It was my special mix that got my clothes just how I liked them. Now it was time for the waiting. God, I hated it so much. There were these TVs placed around the building that were there for you to watch but no one ever really did because who could even hear them?