oneshot.

Ever since you joined the group and became one of the boys, you realized Billy Butcher wasn't so easy to deal with

Ever since you joined the group and became one of the boys, you realized Billy Butcher wasn't so easy to deal with. His pals were already used to his harsh ways though – even Kimiko, only a couple years older than you and the second to last to join – so you stood out, especially since Butcher had already known the others for longer and come to trust them. You? Not so much. Even after a few months, you still had a long way to go.

At yet another Believe Expo, you guys were following a promising lead in your ongoing war against the Supes. You then suggested you hacked into Vought's files to see if there was anything else going on that was being covered up by the festival. Butcher, however, albeit agreeing that everything there was just a decoy, refused to let you even try, for it would be too dangerous, according to him.

"I said no, Y/N."

"Listen. I know what I'm doing, okay?" you said sternly.

"Here's what happened last time you said that, love." He gestured to your left arm, still healing from a fracture, stuck in a sling.

"Thank you for your concern, but it's different this time. Trust me."

"I'm not concerned about you," he said, his voice cracking a little. "But fine. I will say fuck all from now on." Butcher then pointed a finger at you. "If ya get caught meddling into their business, Y/N, we leave ya behind."

"Great. So I'll never have to see your face again." And when he started to leave, you added, "Yeah, walk away."

Just out of spite. But that was just the way things worked between you two. You didn't always see eye to eye and when that happened shit could get real ugly real fast. The rest of the boys were already way too familiar with it.

"Don't you start," he warned with a growl, turning around to face you again. "I will still kick your ass if I have to, injured and all."

You gaped at him, so did MM, Hughie, Kimiko and Frenchie.

"Oh, you're gonna kick my ass?" you teased.

"I will kick your damn ass."

"How're you gonna kick my ass?"

"I'll just do it."

"Oh, kick my ass, Butcher. Do it." Here you two started to get louder and people started to pay attention.

"Hey!" MM tried to intervene, touching Butcher's shoulder lightly. "No, no, no. Nope, nope, nope. Please don't."

"Get off of me," Butcher told him.

"Kick my ass, Butcher!" you continued despite everything. "I'm waiting."

"No, you stop that too," Frenchie said and grabbed your good arm. "There will be no ass kicking here. Come on."

You let yourself be dragged away from the scuffle and the prying eyes who perhaps hoped for an actual fight. Later that day, you got home from the doctor as you had scheduled an appointment to remove the cast off your arm after the expo. As soon as you walked down the stairs to where you lived with the boys, everyone applauded cheerfully.