Two

I bow in front of young Mr. Kim and take a look at his face. He is handsome. I mean…. So fucking handsome. God must’ve made him in his best mood. Looking at his perfect features, I realised that he is one whole package of breathtaking beauty. Not only his face but his body too. I feel myself getting curious to know what that perfectly tailored suit hides behind it. I quickly wipe away my perverted thoughts as he looks straight into my eyes.

“Miss. Jones,” I shake his extended hand. “Nice meeting you, sir.”

“Hi, I’m Kim Namjoon,” he smiles. But why do I feel it is a smirk.

All the other heads of departments arrive inside the hall and start sitting in their respective seats

All the other heads of departments arrive inside the hall and start sitting in their respective seats. Young Mr. Kim drifts his gaze towards Jimin, who is standing next to me.

“Hello, I’m Park Jimin,” he smiles. Young Mr. Kim tilts his head with a cocky smirk and speaks, “Don’t you know that you have to bow to your boss, Mr. Park.” I gasp at his sudden comment. I look at Jimin hoping that he is not embarrassed but I am surprised that he is smirking at young Mr. Kim.

“Oh, I forgot. Let me bow now,” Jimin says and bows to him. But the next thing happened was unexpected by any one of us in the room. Jimin punched Mr. Kim’s stomach earning a groan from him as he grabs his stomach. I look at Jimin with wide eyes hoping for some explanation but he just winks at me. Young Mr. Kim says, “I guess you didn’t change, Jimin-ah.” Oh, they’re friends.

“I think the same about you, hyung,” Jimin retorts. Our boss lets out a little chuckle and says, “You can play later boys. Now, shall we start our work?”

They both nod and sit in their respective places. Jimin and I move towards the screen to make our presentation. I stand in front of the most important people of our company and clear my throat.

I start my most awaited presentation, “Ladies and gentlemen present here, …..”

I explain our company’s origin, records, statistics, strategies and ideologies as much clearly as I can. Jimin helps me by changing the slides now and then. Whenever I feel tensed in between, I look at him for comfort and he smiles at me with sincere eyes assuring me.

During my whole presentation, both my boss and my soon-to-be-boss remained silent without asking any questions, just determined in my presentation. As I finish my whole session, Jimin turns the lights on and I let out a strong sigh without anyone’s notice.

My boss comes to the front and stands near me. I know I didn’t mess anything up and so I stand with my head high. He speaks up, “Thank you, Miss. Jones for your hard work.” I bow with a smile. He asks me to get seated and I rush to my seat beside Jimin. Jimin mouths, “Great one, pumpkin.” I smile towards my angel Jimin.

“As you all know by now that I’m gonna transfer this company to my elder son, Kim Namjoon,” he points towards young Mr. Kim who is sitting in his place. He just bows his head, only a little. “Y’all must’ve heard about his potential and talent. I don’t wanna brag about my own son but he is one tenacious individual. I’ve put a lot of effort in building this empire called ‘KIM ENTERPRISES’ and I can bet that Namjoon will make all those efforts ripe into sweet success. I want everybody in this hall to fulfill his orders. At the same time, I want the elder, experienced people in this hall to guide my son in the right path. He’ll be officially taking over this company from next month. For the time being, he’ll be the head of the executive department.”