The Essence of Easter

First, I wanna start by wishing you all a happy new month.

Holy Spirit, This is your moment, We want you to teach us yourself and give us the grace to constantly remember the essence behind Easter.

I felt inclined to talk about this topic because recently, I was talking to someone and I was like I wasn't feeling like we were in the Easter season. Immediately, I felt rebuked in my spirit then I came to realize that as Christians we should never forget that Jesus died for us and we should never forget the reason for his death.

I felt like that because around me the atmosphere wasn't that festive and bubbling, I came to realize that the Easter meals or whatever we do should not make us forget the reason why we celebrate Easter.

Christ instructed us in 1 Corinthians 11 vs 24,25& 26
"And when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."

"In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.

He instructed us to do it in his remembrance because he knew we could forget the reason why we take the holy communion. Our Lord Jesus Christ gave this instruction when he was about to die on the cross for us.

The reason why we celebrate Easter is so that we can remind ourselves and everybody in the world that Jesus died for us ,why Jesus died for us and tell the world that he is resurrected like he said he would  He has risen, just as He said. (Matthew 28:6

That he is Alive and seated on the right hand of God

That he has been given a name that is above every other name.

Philippians 2 vs 9& 10 & 11

" Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name".

" That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven ,and things in earth, and things under the earth.

" And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

If we study that same chapter of Philippians, From verse 5 to 8 talks about the humility and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2 vs 5, 6, 7, 8

" Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

" Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

" But made himself of no reputation and took upon the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of man:

" And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Can you imagine that height of love and sacrifice. In the days of our Lord Jesus Christ, death on the cross was the worst manner of death reserved for the deadliest of criminals, a shameful kind of death. Jesus Christ was without sin or blemish yet he sacrificed himself to die for the whole world because he knew that was the only way to save humanity.

Brothers and sisters in the Lord don't let the effort of the Lord Jesus over our lives be wasted. We cannot keep celebrating Easter when we don't embrace the reason for Easter, Jesus Christ.

Don't renail Christ to the cross by still staying in that sin of yours, Don't let the devil, sickness continue to torment you when Jesus has died for you to have victory.

Isaiah 53 vs 3, 4&5

"He is despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

"Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.

By the stripes of Jesus we are healed from all form of sicknesses and Yokes.

For further study read the book of Mathews chapter 26

It talks about the trial of Christ. Jesus went through the pains of the cross and he won, death couldn't hold him.

Because he won, we have won too.

He received a name above all name, that at his name all knees, sickness, poverty, depression, addiction anything that hold you bound is loosed by his name.

Just call JESUS!

AND YOU WILL KEY INTO THE AUTHORITY OF JESUS CHRIST!

You can also release the blood of Jesus over your life and every plan of the enemy passes over!

All this aren't just theories, they are potent and they are still in action.

Hebrews 12 vs 24

" And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel"

Because Jesus Christ arose then we have his blood at our disposal.

We have his name

We have his power and his authority!

We have his resurrection powers!

But first, you need to accept Jesus into your life to make those requests, to access his power. There must be a relationship between Jesus and you to use his name.

Accept him now! The salvation prayer is in the
earlier chapters.

We are more than conquerors through Christ who loves us.
~ Favour

I suggest you watch the passion of Christ especially during the Easter season.