Destined Meeting

A/N: This story will be slow updates but as a celebration of the Tales of series 25th anniversary as well for the upcoming Tales of Arise having been announced, I thought about this story which will be a big project of mine.

-

It was a beautiful day in the kingdom of Ylisse. Chrom couldn't help but smile at the peaceful atmosphere despite the somewhat bickering from Lissa as they walked towards Southtown as they patrolled. Despite the Shepherds being made a while ago, he was glad that Emmeryn agreed to create the small militia to take care of their home under the tension with Plegia after the senseless war over ten years ago. It helped his desire to help his people by his own choice and actions, it was a great feeling. He was still reluctant to have Lissa in the Shepherds but with Federick accompanying them, the prince knew she would be safe whenever they fought. But the only problem is that Chrom wasn't that great when it came to tactics and truly needed a tactician fast if the Shepherds would take on bigger missions.

However, as they walked on the big pathway, a strange but beautiful blue butterfly flew around them.

"Look at this pretty butterfly!" Lissa pointed out, holding out a finger where it landed.

"I believe it is a rare species." Frederick replied. "What species it is, is out of my expertise." The butterfly suddenly started to shift colors from blue to red, surprising the trio a bit.

"Even I know a normal butterfly can't do that." Chrom pointed out. Three more came and the now red butterfly joined them before they flew in a different direction. Lissa started to run after the butterflies in curiosity, "Lissa, wait!"

Chrom and Frederick quickly ran after her, not wanting her to get into trouble and get herself hurt. The two eventually caught up with her as the princess had stopped in her tracks, much to their relief.

"Lissa, don't go off running like that." Chrom scolded her.

"I-I'm sorry, Chrom." Lissa apologized a bit guilty, "But I couldn't help myself. I mean, look at this!"

"What do you..." The older brother stopped himself when he saw the sight in front of him, "...mean?"

In front of them was a magnificent sight. Butterflies were everywhere. On the nearby trees and branches, on the blades of grass on the ground but they were all blue compared to the cluster of the red version on something under a tree nearby. The red butterflies looked like they were hiding something underneath them all but Chrom couldn't make it out what it was.

"By the gods..." Frederick gasped in slight amazement.

"I've never seen anything like this before." Lissa said with a big smile.

Unlike his sister and retainer, Chrom subconsciously walked toward the cluster of red butterflies under the tree. He didn't know why he was so curious about it but the closer he got, he started to reach out his hand to touch them. The moment his gloved fingers brushed the butterflies' wings, all of the beautiful insects suddenly flew away at the same time and Chrom quickly put his arms up to protect himself. Once the force of the big cluster of butterflies settled down and the remaining butterflies that didn't fly away just fluttered around, Chrom slowly took down his arms and gasped at the sight in front of him.

On the ground and sleeping against the tree, was a girl around his age. Her extremely long raven black hair was styled in a big braid down her back and a smaller one over her left shoulder, both tied with what looked like bandages. Her bangs were swept to the left naturally, leaving it like a curtain over her closed eyes. Her clothes, on the other hand, showed a lot of her skin and were more like rags put together than actual clothes. The scarlet corset hugged her chest neatly while still showing much of her midriff, her black pants were in tatters all up her legs. Belts and some armor pieces decorating the rather showing outfit and metal boots. What caught his attention was her left arm, it was covered in layers of bandages up her arm for some strange reason. A tattered black coat of an unknown material finished the look.