Tradegy

Blood dripped from my hands. I wiped off as much blood as I could. It was night, so the darkness hid the stains. I sat in shock shivering. Josh was dead, this couldn't be real. How could he die? Either way, I had to keep running. It was my only chance to survive.

The scene played in the back of my mind like a song stuck on repeat. Josh and I just wanted to get away from the crowd for a little while. Tears built up in my eyes, how stupid could we be? Everyone knew it was dangerous to sneek around this part of town at night. But we didn't listen. We never did because we were to stubborn. But that stubborness is what killed him. It was what might kill me too. He was laughing, trying to scare me. I'm afraid of the dark and he was trying to mess with me. He snuck up behind me and whispered "boo" in my ear making me jump. He wrapped his arms around me and spun me around. We were having so much fun. I knew something was wrong when he let go. I whispered his name but there was no reply.

When I turned around I fell to the ground in tears. He was lying on the pavement, a knife in his back, blood pouring from the wound. I crawled over to him screaming his name, trying to wake him up. The blood poruing out of him got on my hands and arms covering up to elbow. I looked up trying to think and put myself back together for a couple minutes. But when I looked up, there were words written on the alley way wall. Your next, it said. It was written in his blood.

What would I do now? I wondered as I ran down the alley towards the road. I couldn't call for help, anyone who saw me would see the blood and think I killed him. There would be no way to explain what really happened. It felt like hours years even that I ran. I eventually found myself in front of the apartment I lived in. I could tell my house out of all the identical ones next to it. They had small differences. Like the tiny bits of blue on the window sill from a painting job gone wrong. The glass was cracked slightly from the times Clara had threw something. The door was an entirely different color than the other houses. Every other house had a light brown door to match the crisp white, but ours had a neon red. I always said I had no idea how that happened to my friends, the only one who knew that I helped paint it was Josh.

Slowly turning the door handle, I slipped inside silently. The stairs creaked so I tried to step lightly on them. If my parents saw me they would see something was wrong. My long light brown hair looked like I had just been through a hurricane. My makeup was smudged from crying and my eyes were bloodshot red. My clothes had spots of dark red on them everywhere. I just looked like a mess. Clara would know what to do. But I was horror struck when I got to the living room. The words you can't hide from me where painted on the living room wall. Then I noticed the room itself. Broken glass, upturned tables, picures on the floor. And a path of blood like someone was dragged out of the room.

Dropping to my knees, I couldn't think anymore. I was destroyed. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, the phone started ringing. It was the only thing untouched. I dragged myself over to the phone. My hand was shaking violently as I picked it up, my voice was choked with tears.

"Hello Audrey" the voice said "miss me?"