Chapter 2: The Memories

*Alex's POV*
I was 4 years old when I first met my father. He had gone to jail only a few short hours I was born. During this meeting between 4 year old me and my father, this is all I remember:
-------------
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
"Now who could that be?" My grandmother questioned, getting up from the table from where we were eating dinner. She opens the door, and all I can see from where I am sitting is her expression of shock and disappointment. A man walks in, his long dirty blonde hair pulled in a ponytail, and trailing behind him, my mother.
"Mommy? Who is he?" I whispered in her ear, since I was extremely shy.
"This your father, Alex. Say hello, Dear," she cleared her throat, in a way of showing her embarrassment in my not being polite.
"Hi," I peered up at the man, trying to establish his personality. He seemed mean, and from the minute he walked through the door, he had a mean look on his face.
-------------
My father was not the nicest person. To me or my mother. Yet, he always came back around. I think that's what I loved about my father: even when my mother and father argued, and she would tell him to leave, he would go to calm down and come back. He always came back. My father passed away 6 years ago. And shortly after, I was introduced to his friend's son, Foster. Foster was weird, but there has always been something that would draw me to him.
*****
Foster's POV
I paced. I had a tendency of pacing when I was upset. I remember when Alex and I first moved in together and he would have to sit me down and drink at least 3 cups of tea before I would tell him what was bothering me. It just became routine for us. I continued to pace. 'How could I have not seen it?' I screamed at myself, mentally, 'How could I have missed the signs and symptoms?' I grabbed handfuls of my hair as I quickened my pace. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled out loud, 'Is this what you really want?' A little voice in my head whispered, 'He's not going to wake up, the cancer will kill him anyway. Just leave while you can,' I walked towards the door, intending to leave. To leave Alex, to move away and change my name. So in case he did wake up, it would be like the five years with me was all a dream.
"Yes, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to walk out on my husband, my life partner, my best friend!" I whispered to myself, sarcastically. "But I could. It would be so easy." I thought. As I paced, my heart rate quickened, and my thoughts began to race faster, changing between leave or stay.
'What do I do?' I thought. I packed my clothes and blankets that I had brought to the hospital to be with Alex, and walked out the door. Not planning on ever coming back.
I got in the car, threw my stuff in the back, and turned on the radio. Drown by Bring Me The Horizon came on, after about 20 minutes of driving. This song defined my and Alex's relationship. We played it at our wedding, and every morning to get us in the mood for the day. I began to cry. The tears began to build up in my eyes so bad, that I had to pull over. I stopped the car and bawled so bad.
"Do I go back to Alex? Do I stay or do I go? Do I really love him?"
Or was this all a façade?

Author's Note::
Sorry I didn't update a few days ago. I was trying to figure out how I wanted this to be written. Since so many people are reading this, I will start publishing new chapters every Friday. I can't do every day or even every other day, due to my schedule with school and homework and everything. So I will update every Friday. Thanks for all the reads!! ❤️❤️ It means so much! I love you guys!! 😊😊 and the above song is a cover, but I really like it. I think it works well with Alex and Foster. Keep living life!!!