(Sequel) Burn

It was still Dark when Damian woke up. He smiled at the sight before him. Martha was snuggled up to Jason who was holding her close in a gentle embrace. He carefully slipped out of bed and took his robe, throwing it on. He opened the door after taking one last glance at his lover and child. Damian walked quickly through the mansion, there were many assassins and servants awake. Damian had the place running around the clock. All people there worked in shifts. Many bowed as he walked past but none engaged him. Damian stopped as he came to a flight of stairs going downwards he descended the long staircase quickly and walked through the long corridor at it's foot. Slowly the walls started lit up  by a soft green light that intensified the longer he walked. He soon reached a cavern that was completely lit up by the green lights source. A lazarus pit. The green luminescent water was clear and looked poisonous.

Damian took off his robe and walked into the water. He walked out till he was in the middle of the pit and there he let himself be submerged by the water. The world around him went quiet. The only sound he heard was that of his own blood pulsing in his veins. He stayed like that for a minute, letting the power of the pit strengthen him.

Then he heard a loud explosion. Damian shot up from the water and was met by smoke. He went back into the water avoiding the dust and smoke. Next time he went up the dust cloud had cleared and he could see that the entrance had fallen in. But that was impossible, it would never have collapsed on its own. Sabotage. Damian pushed himself out of the water grabbing his robe and running up to a wall. Thank god that he put in a hidden exit. He pressed in a rock in the wall and the wall split, revealing a staircase going upwards. Damian ran as fast as he could up the stairs. This exit would bring him out on a hill next to the mansion. As he neared the exit an all too familiar orange glow painted the night sky.

"No." Damian kept on running and as he got out from the tunnel he turned to look at the mansion. It was in flames. Shadows running around trying to put out the ever growing fire but they were being stopped by Sinners men.

After the initial shock Damian started running down the hill.

"GOLIATH!" Damian called for his loyal friend and soon he emerged from his cave in the mountain. Damian jumped in his claw while he was still in mid air and Goliath carried him down to the courtyard. Damian jumped off, bringing down two enemies and Goliath went to fight as well. Damian was thrown a sword and started fighting the enemy attacking. He tried to protect the servants that were flooding out from the mansion. Soon, enough of his shadows had gathered to keep Sinners men at arms length and Damian turned to see who had gotten out. It seemed like most of his shadows and the servants were out. He looked to the house as Dick came running out of the building carrying a servant boy. Damian ran forward to meet him "Richard are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Is Jason out yet?" Damian felt his heart stop. Jason, Martha where were they? Dick saw the panic in his eyes and turned to the burning house. Damian started walking towards the house but Dick grabbed him. "Damian you can't go in there, it's gonna collapse any minute."

"Richard unhand me, Marthas in there." Damian struggled and Dick had to lock his arms over his chest from behind, holding him back. "Jason, Martha!

"Dami, there is nothing we can do."

"MARTHA!" The mansion made a horrible cracking sound and the second floor came crashing down on the first. The house fell in on itself and Damian stared in horror at the burning building, tears starting to stream down his face. Dick was sobbing quietly as he held Damian back. "No, no, no, MARTHA! JASON!"

"HERE!" Dick and Damian looked up as they heard the voice call from the collapsed building. And soon they saw a large figure emerging from the wreckage. Dick let go of Damian and Damian ran up to Jason who was holding Martha in his arms.