How to fall in love

Back in her room Phoenix quickly scoots out the suit, which's top part is flaking off more by each movement. As she steps into the shower, she thinks about that hint of worry in that piercing green eyes she had woken to. She smiles to herself. Her Phoenix trills a happy little melody when she thinks about Natasha. Out of the shower Phoenix steps up to the floor-length mirror and looks at her stomach. The patch of new skin is still rosy to the touch, but getting darker every minute, stronger. Her eyes linger on the body. Some scars have remained with her through all injuries. It's like her skin has a memory of its form. Like the four dainty scars right underneath her ribcage, where the pitchfork had gone through her. Equally their exit scars are still there on her back, which has some more scars, too. Burn scars, cuts. She would be happy to have them go, but they are a reminder of not falling for another as she had done in Cordoba, too, so she had mostly arranged herself with them. And now there is Natasha. "But you didn't do what I ordered. I said, 'If it's them or you, make it you'."- "I made it You." Runs through her mind again and again. She leaves the bathroom, dressing into comfy slacks and again the hoodie, huddling in the scent. She lays down on her bed and listens to the sounds of the others moving to their rooms. Huddling into the scent she curls up and falls asleep again.

After dreamless eight hours she wakes up. Dreamless for the first time in so many years. Awed she looks out into the sunny day, feeling warm, relaxed. And hungry. So she gets up, washes up and moves toward the kitchen. She can hear no one around, so she makes a bowl of cereal and a pot of coffee and moves to the balcony, where she sits down her back to the wall, looking out into the sky. Enjoying the silence. The view from below the roof is slightly different, but this is cozy. Putting her empty bowl next to her, nursing her cup of very blond and sweet coffee, she closes her eyes and just enjoys being.

Natasha and Wanda enter the kitchen together. They are planning the shopping trip. "What do you think about..." Nat trails off as she sees Phoenix sitting on the balcony, her arms resting on her knees, a coffee-pot in her hands. Wanda smiles. "You like her, don't you?" "I don't know what you are talking about." She remembers last night "But you didn't do what I ordered. I said, 'If it's them or you, make it you'."- "I made it You." "Maybe" she indulges. Wanda smirks. "Maybe" she repeats. She grabs the Coffeepot and moves toward Phoenix.

Phoenix hears quiet footsteps from behind her. She opens her eyes, but is surprised, that she is not coiled for defense. Wanda steps up next to her. "Want a refill?" She is smiling and shaking the Thermos. Phoenix holds out her pot. "Yes, please." "Mind, if we join you. We have a shopping trip to plan." Phoenix shakes her head. As Natasha steps out and the sun creates a halo of fire around her head, Phoenix catches herself staring. She ducks her head and sips coffee. "Did you sleep okay?" Natasha asks, smiling as she recognizes her Hoodie. Phoenix closes her eyes and smiles faintly. "Yes, I did. Full eight hours." "Wow, what does that feel like?" "Awesome, I shall enjoy it while it lasts." "That IS good news" Wanda chimes in. "Now.... Shopping. What do you like? Any place in mind?" Phoenix blushes and shakes her head. She sighs and answers "I've never been, I wouldn't know. Hydra had not much of a fashion sense and afterward.... There was a time I was dressed in silk, and I didn't mind that, but I was never shopping for it. Christo..." She shakes her head, banning the memories wanting to surge up. "He picked out what to wear." She shrugged through the last sentence quickly.

Wanda plops down next to Phoenix and leans her head to her shoulder. "We make today special then. Soooo you like silk?" Phoenix breaths deeply and confirms. The women finish their coffee and Nat turns back to the doors inside "Lets head out. Meet you in the garage in five?"

The following hours Phoenix is caught in a whirlwind that is Natasha and Wanda shopping. As Phoenix is simply overwhelmed, Wanda and Nat take charge. Eyeing the display of clothes in one of her favourite stores in the city, Nat turns to Phoenix. "Ok, shoot, I don't want you to think about it, just the first thing that comes to mind." The smaller woman nods. "Favourite colour." "Black." "Favourite Style." "High up." "Favourite Fabric." "Whatever." "Okay, set yourself up in the fitting room. We will be right back with you." A little while later a shop attended brings over a rack on wheels with loads of hangers on them. "The ladies are still choosing. "You need a refill?" Phoenix smiles at the young woman who gestures to the empty traveller's coffee mug and nods "Yes please." She then steps up to the rack. Her eyes zero in on a deep black number. It has a corset top with lace all the way up to the throat. Long lace arms and full skirt slit on both sides. When she takes it from the rack the assistant is back in. "Do you need help zipping that up?" Phoenix nods, and quickly steps out of her clothes and into the dress. When she turns around, she hears the sharp intake of breath from the attendant. Right at that moment Nat steps in. "I found the perfect dress... Oh...." Phoenix head has dropped. Her eyes are closed. Nat steps up "Judi, thank you for your help so far. Please assist Miss Maximoff on the floor." "Uhm, yes, uhm Miss Romanoff. Uhm... Sorry." Nat smiles "It's okay." As the assistant leaves and Nat quietly says "She's gone. You can open your eyes now." Phoenix does so and directly meets Natasha's green eyes full of fire. "Hmm", the Redhead muses. "I like the black on you, but would you step into this one for me?" She indicates the dress on her arm. Its pale gold three piece. First a slim floor length skirt slit high to one side, a halter top west and a jacket. "It's beautiful." Nat helps her in. It hugs Phoenix on all the right places. It sets apart her auburn hair and seems to enhance the gold flecks in her eyes and the golden brown of her skin. Phoenix is shy around her. Not daring to look up until fully covered. The ensemble looks awesome and is really comfy. Nat finger combs Phoenix's hair and twists it up to try up some styling. Phoenix can't help but close her eyes briefly enjoying the touch. Nat sees it and halts in movement, which makes Phoenix snap back to reality. "I am sorry" she murmurs, lowering her eyes again. Nat gently smooths the hair back on Phoenix's shoulders, and smiles. "Nothing to be sorry for."