The beginning of the End

Waking up to the warmth and scent of Natasha is still the best. Phoenix opens her eyes reluctantly, wanting to keep the moment from passing. Natasha is already awake, watching her. "Good morning, sleepy head" she says, smiling. Phoenix replies with a kiss. "Waking with you always makes mornings good" she agrees. When Phoenix snuggles back down between the sheets Natasha huffs a sigh, grabs her by her hips and gently pushes her to the side, rolling herself to be on top the smaller woman, trapping her. She kisses her deeply. And then, with another sigh of regret, scoots out of bed. "I have an appointment this morning and you have a training session to get to" she states matter of fact, as she moves toward the bathroom. Phoenix pulls her sheets up over her head, groaning, debating ignoring the appointment she had made with Wanda, listening to the sound of Nat preparing for the day. "Come up, honey, there is coffee in the kitchen" Nat chides smiling. Phoenix concedes, and rushes through her morning routine to steal an extra few seconds cuddling the Redhead. After a while, when they had a quite cup of coffee, they separate. As has become their habit, Phoenix steps up to Nat and places a kiss into the palm of her hand. "Hold that for me, will you?" she smiles. "Will do. You stay safe and make it you if need be" Nat replies...

...Wanda smiles as she takes her whisps back. "You were supposed to stop me from trapping your mind, remember?" she reprimands. Phoenix gives a half-grin and for the third time this morning she answers: "I know, I know, I am sorry." Considering she looks down on her hands. "Maybe... maybe let's switch it up for the moment. Dig deeper, into the things I don't want to remember and let me try to get out of that. Maybe... if I don't want to remain in the memory I might fight against it... Maybe then I know what it feels like and will be able to apply that knowledge to how to keep you out in the first place." Wanda looks at her with eyes wide open and pulling the arms of her knitted jumper over her hands, fiddling with it, she shakes her head. "You sure? You do have a lot of trauma in your past. I don't know what will be called up." The smaller woman looks up from her hands. "I have to deal with it anyways. So why not start here." Wanda waits another moment, then raises her hand, calling forth her magic. "Okay... I am sorry." "Don't....be", Phoenix starts to answer, fading off when Wanda's magic hits her. In quick succession she is hurtled through memories. She is 14 and drenched in her sisters' blood, who is crumbling in front of her. She is 17,18,19 killing, killing and killing for the red kraken. She is on her own and raped. She is alone. She is 20 and being punished by Christobal for the first time. She is 24 and punished the last time. Her Phoenix is gone, and she is lying back in the ally in her own blood. It is as if the magic can't decide which is the worst trauma to start her into fear, all the memories spiral around her. Until suddenly she is 15 and everything goes dark. And silent. She feels numb. Cold. So so cold. Freezing even with her Phoenix burning inside. She works hard to open her eyes, and when she does, she is surrounded by white. Ice. Snow. Above, starlight sky. She is bleeding profusely. The droplets freezing solid the moment they come in contact with the air. Her eyes are drawn to the huge lump next to her, which is...not snow. Frozen white fur matted with blood. An ice-bear. Huge. Dead. Her bleeding slows and stops as her Phoenix works on the various cuts made by claw and teeth. Weary and tired Phoenix gets up, as her skin is still glowing from the healing. She gets exactly five steps when she is hit from behind by a taser and falls to the ground, hitting the snow hard. They have found her. Again. Thrice now they thwarted her escapes. As she is cuffed, bound, gagged she gets something injected to inhibit her from the use of her Phoenix. Thrown over the back of a snow mobile she then is ferried back to the compound. As she looks onto the patch of blood she has left behind, she closes her eyes. Amaris is dead. Long live Hydra's Phoenix. She gives up and lets her mind go blank. In that blankness she feels something. There is something that does not belong. Caught in her fifteen-year-old mind she snarls and tries to send out her Phoenix to burn away that something, but she can't. The drugs stop her. The moment stops. I am not fifteen anymore Phoenix halts. And feels for that, which is Other. Found you. Memorizes the feel. Asks her Phoenix to memorize it, too. And using a blade of flame she strikes against the threads, asking the flame to cut, not burn, as she remembers, who is on the other side. She gets a snipped of a boy sitting next to a small girl, both looking too similar to not be related, before something hits her hard and she opens her eyes back in her own body, looking directly into Wanda's eyes, which are slowly losing their red glow. "What was that", both say simultaneously. "Do you know how to use telepathy?" Wanda asks incredulously. Phoenix slowly shakes her head. "Not to my..." she drifts off. "Remember when we were in the Pit and you asked me to show you how I found my fire again?" She slowly adds. Wanda nods. "I reached out to you, not the other way around...", Phoenix adds, "I didn't think...." Wanda studies her, replaying in her mind, what she remembered. "Maybe... maybe it was just a fluke. Or you can do more then you know" she says considering. "Want to go again?" Not keen on having her nightmares played out in the light of day again, but wanting to get behind the mystery, Phoenix nods. "Hit me with it." She states and is send straight back down her very own memory lane of hell.