Chapter 1

Miya's POV

It had to be around noon when  I woke up to the sound of my kids downstairs doing god knows what. I yawned as I pulled back the covers and stretched, momentarily laying there while I contemplated my next move. It was a Saturday afternoon and all I wanted was to lay in bed all day and enjoy my weekend but of course the kids had other plans for me. They've been bugging me all week to agree to come to their dad's grand opening of his new location for his clothing store. While I don't particularly care for him right now, I know it's best to go and support because that was something he did  do right while we were together; when I was always on tour he made sure to support me and take care of the kids all while hustling and staying out of jail. One thing about Ermias' was that he was gonna get shit done by any means necessary. 

I sighed as I got out of bed and headed into the bathroom. I really didn't feel like dressing up today so I got cleaned up and decided to do a messy bun, and wear a simple tank with burgundy shorts and my 11's. I checked myself out in the mirror and smiled to myself knowing that regardless of what I wore, Ermias was gonna make it his business to keep his eyes on me at all times, especially when I wore shorts that hugged my thighs. I knew he was gonna flip the fuck out once he seen what I was wearing. I chuckled to myself and grabbed my phone snapping a picture for the gram. 

I hadn't always been a confident girl, humble nevertheless. At one point I did know what it felt like to be insecure so I always made it my business to spread love and positivity to all girls of all body types and looks. I was a bit taller than most girls, 5'7, and even though I had always been slender, I gained a lot of weight with my last child.  It took me a long time to get the weight off and once I did, I was blessed with some of the best curves that had you thinking I had work done, which I never did. 

After Posting my picture , I headed downstairs to find the kids sitting on the couch eating snacks , I sighed as I walked into the kitchen and began cleaning up the mess they had seemed to have made. '' I swear, without me I don't know  what y'all would do!! y'all need to do better when y'all in my kitchen. make this your last time using it if you can't clean the hell up!'' I slammed the drawer closed after grabbing a wash cloth and began wiping down the counters.

My youngest, Nivea, came in with a small frown on her face, I stopped wiping and looked at her while she began to tell me that  it wasn't her. '' I swear Mommy, it was Jah and Mira, I told them to clean up and they told me to shut up''

I sighed and went back to wiping and mumbled '' Just go back in the living room Chile..'' . After cleaning off the kitchen I grabbed a snack and ate it before grabbing my keys and heading to my '13 Infiniti EX37.

The kids followed behind me as we all got into the car and I pulled off. While waiting at the light , I checked my phone and saw that my post once again was getting a lot of love and saw a lot of comments asking for a new album drop. I replied to some and put my phone down so I could go back to driving. 

    '' Ma, can I go to jaquans house for the night? His mom said it was okay pleaseeee'' I looked at my son is utter shock, '' After you left my damn kitchen the way it was ? oh nah uhh you thought so''. 

''But I-''. I raised my hand to stop him from speaking. ''I don't wanna hear it Jah. You're not going anywhere till y'all learn how to clean up behind yourselves''. 

He huffed and Mumbled under his breath thinking I couldn't hear it. '' Ya daddy can go straight to hell, now tell him that ''. 

The remainder of the ride was very quiet aside from my stereo playing and me singing along to the music. I finally pulled up to store and sighed as I saw how packed it was. Bruce and Sam was out on the grill and the kids were either playing in the bounce house or at the game booths. Before  I could fully park , Nivea unbuckled herself and literally threw herself out the car. I sucked my teeth and turned the ignition off.