Chapter 3

Nipsey's POV

It had been two weeks since I have seen my wife. Ever since our little situation in my office, she's been ignoring my calls, my texts, my sister won't even give me her address. I tried so hard to get through to her stubborn ass and that shit ain't work.  that wasn't gonna stop be though, imma keep trying till one of us either gives in or gives out. I laughed to myself as I got out of bed and rolled up. This was the first thing I did in the morning, shit was like a routine to me. Wake up, Smoke, eat, hit the streets, and repeat. Not gonna lie, shit was getting old to me; it was time for a change. Not only, did I want my family back, but I also wanted to do more with my life. I've spent the last four years building up my brand and taking my music seriously, the shit was a process no lie, but it was coming along nonetheless. 

Back in the day, Miya used to beg me to go on trips or leave the country and I'd just be like Nah. The only time I went out of the country was to visit my dad's family in Eritrea, besides that, I felt like doing little trips and outings was gonna cost me my rep out here in these streets. Ian need this n*** knowing that my girl was loaded like that, I mean, I'm sure they suspected with all the hits she was out here making, but I had to separate myself from that. Looking back, I can only shake my head because I really was in a different headspace then; You could tell I was young and stupid.  Losing some of my homies to either the streets, death, or jail, made me realize that life too short and that the reason I been lucky was because of God was giving me a second chance; that was definitely something I needed.

I continued smoking on my blunt checking my phone, hoping to see a call or a text but got none. I huffed and frowned as I saw my phone ring but wasn't the person I wanted to hear from.

BABY MOMMA- T. 

I answered. '' Hello? wassup Tanisha?''.

 '' Can you get Emani today? I got some stuff to do''.

I scoffed. '' I do too,  imma be in the studio all day and she doesn't need to be around all those men, won't be any kids there so you just gone have to push back whatever you were doing unless you want my momma to get her''

''You always got some shit to do when it comes to me and Mani but it's fine. imma ask her''

I looked at my phone and scrunched up my nose.'' You and Mani? Ain't no you and Mani Cuh. I deaded what me and you  had a long time ago and you know that, stop playing with me''

'' Whatever Nip fuck you. You just acting that way because yo Lil wife been coming around. Remember she left you and I held it down for your ass. You have been playing and toying with me for years and I'm sick of the shit''

I laughed on the phone and hit my blunt harder. '' Man Cuh, you knew was it was when we started messing around. You knew where you stood and you knew where my loyalty lay''

'' Yea what the fuck ever, couldn't have been much loyalty if you was messing with me ''. With that, she hung up. I shook my head and tossed my phone on the bed getting up, She was right too be honest but that didn't change the fact of how I felt. 

At the time I was just feeling neglected with her being on tour a lot. In my head I knew no other bitch could compare, me messing around with other hoes was just to blow off some steam and feel wanted. I never intended for it to be more than what it was. but i got caught and once she left Tanisha made sure to take advantage of that opportunity and got pregnant, thinking it was gone keep me from running back and it ain't work. I love Mani but she will do okay without having her parents together.

By the time I got dressed, Adam and Rock were already out on the porch smoking with Blacc. I walked out dapping them up then headed back in the house to fix myself something to eat. I walked into the kitchen to find Grammy reading the newspaper and my momma on the phone. I kissed them both and fixed me a bowl of cereal. I headed back outside and sat on the step eating while Rock was telling some lame-ass story as usual.