💋 Final Chapter

Sometimes we also have to keep distance from our friends. Especially those who seem to forgot that we actually exist in their lives. Those who have been very busy encountering others and setting you aside as a plain acquaintance and don’t care if you can still feel their presence as your friends. They seem to be better off without you. No how are yous. No “hey there, wazzup?” like what the both of you used to do. They are enjoying the attention that they take from new found friends that they actually forgot that there’s someone who had been beside them all along. Just a little distance. As little as letting them realize that you’re like saying “Hello! Still remember me? I’m still here y'know. Your friend.” It’s not that you’re catching attention. It’s not about being too dramatic. It’s just that, it’s really painful to see someone so close to your heart who seems to unnoticed you because there are new people around them. Sometimes, you just have to make them feel that they have someone like you in their lives in a way that you’re not forcing them to notice you. Just a little distance for them to know that somewhere in the past, you have founded an unbreakable friendship.

As I look at my friends from afar,  I felt resentment for them, because one of them did not even remember me, no one sympathized with the times I was depressed by the events of my life. But I also thought that maybe such a situation would have been better for me, because I found a family who support and guide me. For me that was enough to accept everything and move on with my life now. I smiled then turned around and walked towards Dark's house. I need to talk to him about our relationship to make it clear so that we can have a closure.

As I entered the gate of Dark's house, I caught a glimpse of him sitting in the garden and facing his laptop.

"Hey! Dark, can we talk?"

I saw the shock on his face, he even stood up to greet me. but I raised my hand and waved.

"It's okay! I'm fine."

I smiled as I approached him and sat in the chair in front of him then.

"Red! what are you doing here? do you remember me now? do you remember about us? How? When?"

He immediately asked, I noticed nervousness in his voice. he was so confused, that I laughed softly.

“Relax! I didn’t come back to tell you I can’t live without you. I can live without you. I just don’t want to. It only hurts when you start to care. I never even thought you’d be the one to treat me this way. I actually believed you cared for me and that you wanted to be with me. But now I’ve come to realize how wrong I was about you. So, I’m not going to stress over you anymore. It isn’t worth it. I tried to work something out, but you just ignored it. I’m not trying to say I don’t want you, because I definitely do. All I’m saying is I’m done chasing after you. I hate checking my phone and seeing that you didn’t text me first. I hate feeling clingy and annoying when I finally decide to text you first. I hate waiting around for your reply. I hate how I actually look forward to your reply. I hate pretending to not care by putting my phone on silent, but then craving in and checking 5 minutes later. I hate feeling like I need you more than you need me. That's why I left. I stayed away from you to end my suffering. "

"I didn't know that I was hurting you because of my shortcomings with you before. I'm sorry Red, I didn't intend to ignore you. I thought you knew and you understood that everything I do is for the two of us, for our future?"

"Dark, You can't just walk in and out in my life as if Im just a house that you can live in and leave out. Im not a book that you can leave in a corner and get it again if you wanted to. Im a person with feelings. I don't deserve to be treated like a shit and be a trash after you used. This is reality Im talking about. I know my worth, and this time I have my self respect and I know my right place."