Chapter 3

Marinette knew it was dangerous for anyone to know- especially her best friend, Alya Cesaire, the owner of the LadyBlog. She was upset at herself for what she had said the night before. 

"My dog? Really?" She thought. 

Alya picked up that she didn't want to talk about it, and that she probably did not want to talk about it with Adrien and Nino there. They decided to drop it, and carry on. Marinette was nervous that Alya would bring it up again, though. 

School was finally out, which meant that Chat's visit (if he even came) was getting closer. Marinette had a mini panic attack when she got home, but reminded herself that it isn't that big of a deal. It's only Chat Noir, her partner in crime and one of her closest friends. 

She waited impatiently on the edge of her bed, checking the time often. It was finally 6. 

She waited for about 5 minutes, but nobody was there. She thought that maybe with school starting again, he was busy. She crawled out of her trapdoor, and scanned her eyes around the city. 

"I don't think he's coming." Marinette said dissapointed, looking down at Tikki who was sitting on her table.

"I'm sure he's coming, maybe he's just running late!" Tikki replied. 

Marinette waited for about 5 more minutes, until she saw her favorite cat jumping from building to building. She let out a sigh of relief, and sat back down in a chair on her balcony. 

"Hi," Chat said. 

"Hey," Marinette replied. 

It was silent for a second, until Chat looked at her. 

"I'm sorry for kissing you, I just thought-" 

"Marinette, it's okay. I promise, I didn't mind." He smirked at her while he said that, making sure he heard her. 

Marinette bit her lip, trying not to blush. She wasn't sure why she was feeling this way. She should be feeling like this for Adrien, right? Her mood changed, and she was confused now, lost in her own train of thought. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Chat asked. 

"Yeah, just thinking about the guy I told you about."

"Have you told him how you felt about him?"

"Nope. I don't think he thinks of me that way. But it's fine, I think I'm getting over him anyway."

"Well, he's an idiot for not realizing how amazing you are." 

She smiled and made eye contact with him. 

"Thank you, Chat."

"It's cold out here. Can we go inside?" Chat asked. 

"Oh yeah, sure!" 

They opened the trap door and hopped inside onto her bed. She brought up the covers and motioned towards the front of her bed so he could warm up. He nodded, and put his legs under the blanket so he was still sitting up. She got in too, and opened her laptop. 

"Wanna watch a show or something?" 

"Sure," Chat replied. 

Chat held out his arm as the movie started, and she lay her head on his shoulder. He played with her hair as the episode continued, and they both continued to watch episode after episode.