Together Again

I didn't bother going back to the construction sight that day, all I wanted to really do was prepare for my trip to find Zel and Estarossa. My mind has done nothing, but replay cherishable memories I made with them when we were all younger. Days where there was no war and we would just have fun like regular demon children. I know now though that those days are over and it won't be like that anymore.

"We're back," I heard Ezabell shouted from downstairs.

"I'm upstairs you two," I said, throwing what's left of what I needed in my bag before hauling it over my shoulder.

I could hear two pairs of feet make their way upstairs and towards my room.

"Hey, how was- where are you going?" Neal asked, looking over at me, "Was this about this morning? We didn't mean to upset you. We were just concerned."

"I know you two were and I'm not leaving due to that," I said, looking at them and smiling lightly, "That rumble today..."

"Oh yeah, that came out of nowhere. I wonder what caused it," Ezabell said out of curiosity.

"That was the seal breaking on the eternal coffin..." I spoke softly.

"Wait what?" Neal said shockingly, "That means that-"

"Yeah," I said, cutting him off, "They're back."

"No way," Ezabell whispered, before she smiles, "This is perfect! That's what you've wanted for so long."

"So you're going to go pay them a visit?" Neal asked, also smiling.

"I am..." I said, my smile slowly fading as I do.

"You don't seem too happy about this..." Ezabell said, looking at me concerned.

I looked over at them and sighed, "It's not that I'm not, I am really happy. It's just... It's just once I go there I will most likely not be welcomed back here."

"Not if they don't know you went to go see them," Neal said, frowning, "You aren't betraying anyone."

"She would be though," Ezabell said, looking down at her feet.

"What?! Ezabell how could you say something like that?" Neal asked, growling at her.

"If she were to go, she'd technically be conspiring with the enemy," Ezabell said, looking at Neal, "Think about it. She'd be considered a traitor to the kingdom and not allowed to return again."

"But no one will know except us," Neal argued.

"Meliodas already said he will inform the king about my actions," I stated, closing my eyes, "Besides I couldn't ask of you both to hide such a lie to the king. I would never forgive myself. So if that is to be the case if they ask you about my actions I want you both to promise me you will tell them the absolute truth."

"But Valkyrie-"

"Promise me," I interrupted, looking at them, "This is something I have to do. I need to see them and if the only way I can do that is to become an enemy to the kingdom then so be it." My hands slowly clenched into tight fists as I looked away from them with my eyes closed, "I'm sorry, I know that's selfish of me to say but I have to. I have to keep my word to the Queen, I have to keep my word to myself..."

They were both quiet, as the air grew thicker by the second with anticipation. I know that this is tough to ask them, I'm practically telling them to betray the one who helped raise them since they were kids and honestly if I could I'd take them with me... but that'll just be selfish and for my benefit.

"If that is what you want," Ezabell said softly, tears slowly forming in her eyes as she walked over to me and hugged me tightly, "I'm going to miss you Val, you are seriously the best big sister Neal and I could have ever asked for."