Chapter 22: Frustrations, an Encounter, and an Uncertain Ally

"WHAT THE HELL!"

"WHAT THE HELL!"

Marik threw his glass clear across the room and watched it shatter into tiny crystals. He had lost - again - to the Pharaoh - not once, not twice, but three times already! Along with his losses, he also broke three good drinking glasses. And to top it all off, he lost a God card to Yugi. The only thing that kept him from truly losing his mind at the moment was that he still had Ra in his possession. Although as of late the God in question had been resilient to his commands during the few instances in which he'd used him in a duel. It was strange to say the least although he opted to push that can of worms to the backburner for the moment.

Upon their arrival in the Domino harbor, he had sent Odion out to find Ryoko and keep an eye on her; he didn't want to alert her to his presence in Domino just yet. Fortunately Odion had managed to find her on the opposite end of Domino so he didn't have to worry about bumping into his 'ukht just yet. Marik took a deep breath in order to calm his raging temper. The sting of his defeat subsided slightly, but he now needed to get off of his yacht. He needed to get his next plan rolling. Taking a ride on his motorcycle would clear his head and give him a chance to explore the town since he hadn't left the port since they'd first arrived.

Looking through Strings again, he saw that Kaiba had challenged Yugi for the possession of Slifer. Marik scoffed at the two duelists. There was no way that he was going to let Yugi think he was out of the woods just yet. Marik tightened his grip on the Rod and took control of Strings once again.

"No matter, Pharaoh!"

Yami turned to him, irritated at his current predicament. He felt like he'd been ran ragged enough today and had more than earned himself a break. "I've had enough of your bull, Marik!" He said angrily, shooting Strings a glare that Marik knew was meant for him.

"Whatever! This defeat means nothing! I have a more powerful God card that I can annihilate you with! Also I have Rare Hunters everywhere! I can see all!"

Back on his yatch he looked through the eyes of other Rare Hunters in the city and spotted the gang talking and laughing with one another. Through the eyes of another Hunter he saw Ryoko chatting with a curvy blonde girl outside a café. "Hmm...I wonder what you'll do about your friends? Who will be next? Maybe Téa? Or Joey perhaps? Although perhaps darling Ryoko would be best..."

Yami gnashed his teeth. "What did I tell you about targeting my friends, Marik?! Don't you dare hurt them!" He commanded much like the Pharoh he used to be. From beside the fuming Yami, Kaiba was shooting him a vicious glare while bearing his teeth in a deep growl that sounded vaugly inhuman. Marik was slightly taken aback before he remembered his Hunters reporting that the CEO and Ryoko were close. Marik played it off that he wasn't phased and smiled evilly. "You better watch your back punk because I'm here in Battle City and your friends will be your downfall!"