chapter eight

Stefania POV-

We spent the rest of the night holding each other close in our arms in my living room. I was shocked but also welcomed to hear Danielle's raw honesty with me. It made me realise how much we do have in common with each other. The hardship and the pain, but also the raw passion and emotion for what we do in our lives. Acting is filled with all of those things, which I definitely think shone through with her portrayal of Maya Bishop.

I could see the raw feelings and fragility that not on Maya holds, but also Danielle. And I am now there to protect her from that.

I looked down to my lap, which was mostly filled with blankets to lock eyes with the American. Even though her eye lids were tightly closed I can still see those piercing blue pupils looking right back at me. As you know most people look peaceful when they're sleeping. In our dreams, we can do anything we want and be whoever we want to be. Our dreams are an escape from reality. While we dream, we are unable to control our actions and choose our surroundings.

Meaning that with these dreams usually come nightmares, and Danielle is having one right now.

Underneath her eyelids I could see her eyes darting back and forwards, her breath starting to quicken, sweat building on that protruding forehead vein of hers. I finally heard a large gasp for air and she shot up nearly hitting me right back in the face.

"Hey, hey, hey Bella it's okay. Deep breaths, deep breaths. Remember it's you, it's me, it's us, and I will always protect you"

While saying this I had both my hands firmly clasped against Danielle's cheeks, holding her steady. Protecting her fragile roots.

"Deep breaths in, and out, in and out. I've got you"

"Stefania...Stef...I had a nightmare...It was my Dad...and...and he was going to attack me"

"Shhh...shhh...amore you don't have to explain just come over here"

I gently adjusted myself, so I could hold Danielle in her entirety. She's small and mighty but in there, there is a glass box which is just waiting to shatter inside of her.

Danielle POV-

I was listening to Stefania's heartbeat.

*thump*
*thump*
*thump*

It was perfectly rhythmic and calm making me feel even more at home in her arms. I hadn't quite explained the full extent of my relationship with my Dad to her but I now think she has started to gather that it's not a very pretty picture to paint.

I slowly glanced back up into the beautiful Italian eyes looking straight back at me. She was spiralling her finger it my hair and fiddling with it. She does that with hers all the time.

"How are you feeling Bella?"

"Okay thank you, but I don't really feel like going back to sleep just yet"

"Oh yes? What do you have in mind?"

"Well it is nearly 6:00am, so why don't we have a little drive to the mountains and watch the sunrise together. Of course it's okay if not I just really..."

She interrupted me, explaining how she would absolutely love to and we should get going straight away.

Stefania POV-

We had just arrived to the top of this winding path in time for the sunrise (just about). We got out of the car and sat on the bonnet enjoying the spectacular view of the city below. There are people their living their own lives, having their own problems, heartbreaks, and heart aching love stories and no one knows.

I turned my head to Danielle, she was smiling happily away to herself. A stark contrast to a couple of hours ago.

"You know whenever my brother and I were having problems at home I would always say to him without fail whenever he smiled. You have smiles on your face like crickets and stars in August.
Maybe I should start saying that to you too Bella?"

Hmmmmmmmm???