Composed (3rd person)

"I was roughed up by a few thugs in an alleyway." K mumbled rubbing the spot on her lower back where Ryuzaki's fingers previously lingered.

"Hm." Ryuzaki hummed. "I see." His pale, slender thumb resting on his lip.

"Well that's no good." He said. "We'll need to catch those guys immediately."

K's breathe hitched. A sweat bead formed on her lower brow.

"Err that won't be necessary." She mumbled, fumbling with her words as she twiddled her thumbs in her lap.

"Oh, why not, K?" Ryuzaki said leaning over the desk and looking up at her lowered face.

"I- um-" she said.

"What the fuck is wrong with you??" She thought to herself.

"You've never had a problem with lying to people in the past, you're a top class detective!"

Ryuzaki stared at her thoughtfully.

He made a clicking noise with his tongue as he squinted at her,  twiddling her thumbs, and lost in thought over how to respond to his question.

He lifted his hand, softly and swiftly, and placed a hanging hair strand behind K's ear.

"Wha-" K stated, confused. She looked up at Ryuzaki, and turned red at the sight of his black eyes staring through her.

"Sorry, I was just slightly bothered by that one pesky strand of hair." He mumbled as he leaned back.

His gaze never left K though, and he continued to examine her.

After a few minutes he slowly stood up and paced around the room. K was too lost in thought to notice him slowly closing the curtains on the windows, and turning off the lamps around the room.

"I really am fine, honestly. A officer will probably catch them and have them arrested in no ti-"
She said, but was interrupted by the feeling of shaggy hair on her neck.
She slowly turned her face but stopped before realizing that Ryuzaki had leaned his face into the crook of her neck.

"Tell me, K," he whispered into her skin.
"What happened between you and those men?"
"I-ah-" she gasped.
"K..." he warned softly.
"If you don't confess, we'll have to take matters into our own hands."

"That includes DNA tests and a full on investigation." He whispered dragging his index finger along her bandaged arm.

" I'd never allow my best detective to be attacked so blatantly, and then let the attackers get away without punishment, oh no."

He chuckled darkly.

"So,"

"I'm going to ask you this one last time."

He leaned in to the side of her face, breathing slowly in her ear as his hands moved to the sides of her upper arms.

"What happened, K.?

She paused, melting into his grip and sighing.

"Nothing happened, Ryuzaki."

"I see." He said, coldly.

"Well then, I guess we'll have to do this the hard way."

He grabbed her chair and flipped it to face him, as he dropped on one knee and gently took K's face in his hands.

He brought his face close, and placed his lips against hers.

He moved his lips slowly against her gaping mouth as she tried to process what was happening.

She began to melt into the kiss as she slowly brought her hand up to the back of his neck and she ran her hands through his hair.

God it's so soft. It feels like feathers.

Moving her lips against his, she suddenly realized what was happening.

"Wait-" she mouthed against his mouth.

She pulled back the hand from under his hair and pushed him away.

"What are you doing?" She yelled, furious.
A light shade of pink coated Ryuzaki pale face.

He stood up, staring down at K.

"Something I thought would've worked."
"Should've worked, actually."
He mumbled innocently.
"But I guess you're more composed then I thought."

He chuckled to himself softly as if this was all some silly miscalculation.

To Ryuzaki, it probably was.

"Well you see,"

"I tried to seduce you."

***