Boats

Calypso almost tripped over in her haste to get out of her dreaded maths class room. Finally the school day was over, now for her it holiday time. She speed walked to her locker to meet up with Gem. Their lockers were practically next to each other so a while ago they decided to meet there after classes.

"Hey Gem" Calypso greeted her friend.

"Hey Cally, I'm so glad that the school year is over! It's so exciting," she had replied.

Calypso turned around to collect all of her books and textbooks from her locker and shove them in her bag. She was never one for being organised or tidy.

She bid goodbye to Gem, deciding to walk home instead of catching the bus as it was only about fifteen minutes by foot.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Calypso finally dragged her body out of the crystal clear water to watch the traulling boats go out to sea. She had been doing it for as long as she could remember as it helped her relax. Made her realise that there was a whole lot more to the world than just her world.

She suddenly felt a presence next to her and turned around. A boy about her age with longish curly hair and piercing green eyes sat down next to her. That boy was me.

I'm Harry, the creep. The nerd. The one nobody understands. And I love Calypso Calahan. I have watched her ever since the beginning of high school. I have watched her laugh and cry. Smile and frown. I have been with her since the beginning yet, she hasn't even realised it.

She turns around and jumps, surprised by my sudden appearance.

"Hi..?" She says, clearly confused as to why I am here.

"Hi, I thought you looked lonely." I lie, if she knew I'd been watching her then she'd probably think I was a creep. Well more of one then.

"Ok..? I was just watching the boats." She says, a hint of a smile splashed across her perfect lips.

"Ok, do you mind if I stay then..?" I ask, nervous for her answer.

"Of course!" She replies, with a grin so dazzling and beautiful I almost have to squint.