Prologue- 3 years apart

Elena Clarice De Ibreotha stood there looking nowhere like she used to, with empty eyes and cold hardened expression. All Johan could do was stand there frozen, meters away from her with a stiff expression. He couldn't believe for the past 3 years, that was how they would finally reunite.

The woman Johan had searched for so long after suddenly going missing finally appeared in front of him. It was said that Elena was taken by the Chedne's leader who had vengeance against the human race and had taken her as a queen.

After the long fierce battle against the army of monsters, Johan finally found himself in the presence of the person he had long for. Among the hundred dangerous monsters that he had defeated, rotting under his feet while his witherband sword was covered in the crimson bloods of the undead, Elena was the only one who made him afraid.

"Elena... it's me."

Johan Antonov whispered like a prayer as the figure of the woman he recognized too well approached him slowly. With every step, the air became thicker around them. He could feel his dry throat squeezing inside as tears threatened to burst out. The strength in his hands shivered as cold air passed them by. The anguish he expected from the maiden were not visible nor the feeling of recognition was present in her eyes, shaking him to the core.

"Elena."

The woman who Johan desperately wanted to save after failing many times was finally in front of him. After years of struggle in loneliness, he now found himself only a few distance away from her. This was the moment he had always waited for every night. 

"Human!"

The woman screamed, her voice resonated around the blood-drenched hall. Elena's fierce eyes looked at Johan in anguish and hostility. Her pale green eyes were no longer the color he had remembered of hers. The green eyes were now tinted in red and had transformed her gentle gaze into dangerous glare.

Johan cursed under his breath as the stench of the monsters under his feet sting his senses strongly, biting his lips as his eyes stared at Elena in complete focus. The urges to run towards her were driving his legs to shake in desperation. He licked his lips as thirst surged from his body, suddenly reacting upon seeing her. Yet, the maiden in front of him looked at him with the eyes of an enemy.

Johan managed a smile to hide the pain he had suffered from missing her so much. He walked slowly towards the maiden, his footsteps echoed around the soulless hall. The woman flinched in response, but stayed in place with fearful eyes.  She stood there defenseless as the lifeless body of her husband, the king of the Chedne's, laid on the cold floor. His sword that was covered in blood moved like a dancing blade, which had pierced the hearts of many of her people.

"You—- you kill them all... why?!"

Johan tightened his grip on the witherband sword as he walked in silence, ignoring Elena's anguished wonder. With the power to purity the soul of a demon possessed Chedne, he could slice her body into two. He clenched his jaw with uncertainty as he contemplated what the right thing to do was.

With inches apart from the shaken maiden, Johan scooped her up with ease without restraint. He dropped the sword to the floor, the clang sound of the steel rang for a few seconds until it stopped. He walked quicker with Elena in his arms without saying a word. He was becoming impatient as the warmth of their body intertwined underneath their clothes.