ch 3

Just like when Delilah was sold, the Italian man broke all bidding by shouting a hefty amount of money.

"Three trillion." he simply states as of it was no big deal.

Look, I'm part of the worlds biggest boyband, and three trillion is a lot of money, guys. Do you know how many carrots you can get with that much money?!

"Sold!" the seller shouts before nudging his head my way to silently tell his men to lead me to my owner.

Fuck, this isn't good.

As I finally arrive to the area by Delilah, the Italian man whispers to us,"We're leaving. I've spent enough today."

Nah shit.

We ride down the elevator in silence with Delilah on one side and me on the other.

When we arrive outside, the brightness of the sun blinds me and I'm guessing it does the same to Delilah because she shakes her head and whimpers.

When we get in the black SUV, the owner-dude sits in the passenger seat, and me and Delilah sit in the backseat with a huge guard in between us.

The ride is silent until the owner turns on the radio.

"Lights go, down and the night is calling to me yeah I hear voices singing songs in the street and I know..."

Damn. This is awkward.

As soon as my voice blasts through the speakers all heads, including the drivers, turn to me.

Owner-dude turns around and changes the station to one playing something about red lipstick things and never going out of style.

Hey! This is obviously about my man Harry!

I'm sorry.

I couldn't help it.

It was just such a hilarious situation.

It started out like a small chuckle, but it ended up with me laughing my ass off.

It must've been from the shock of the situation. Then suddenly this huge flashback screwed with my mind. I just really wanna be with the boys.

I had tears rolling down my face from being sad or laughing it maybe both, but the driver and the guard were trying their hardest not to smile, owner-dude was muffling his laugh in his hand, and Delilah-sweet little Delilah- she was looking at me worriedly.

"Whew. Sorry bout that guys. But I mean, that's so ironically funny." I chuckle.

Delilah looks out her window and the car goes silent after that. I stare at Delilah and everyone else minds their own business.

Wow. Delilah is just so pretty. So beautiful. I've never seen anything like her in my life. Her brown eyes just absorb everything. She looks up at the sky throughout the tinted windows of the vehicle and I can tell she's not even thinking about the situation we are in.

She's just daydreaming about life. About how beautiful the world really is. About that hidden beauty behind all of the madness and stress and cruelty.

"What are you looking at?"

"Beautiful." I automatically mumble still in a buzz.

Then the sound of snickering drags me back to reality.

"Huh-what?" I whisper shaking my head.

"Umm, you were staring, and I was wondering why."

"Oh," I mumble as I feel my face getting warmer,"Um, I was just thinking about. Um, birds."

"Birds?" Owner-dude asks in disbelief.

"Yes,"I remark sassily,"I believe that birds are quite lovely."

"Brits are weird." the driver says.

I look around the car in confusion.

"Wait a second... Where are we? We are in Britain, right?" I know Delilah and the others had an American accent, but...

"No kid, we're in America."