downhearted

THE SOUND OF RAIN falling therapeutically amongst the wooden roof, seemed to have warmed up the tense atmosphere that surrounded the ex lovers. They were facing away from each other, the young woman rubbing her left arm nervously, slowly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and shook her head. The brown haired boy tilted his head, smiling softly at the girl before him and began walking towards her, his hand extending out to reach her.

"Zareena, I wish I had told you about my past sooner, but I was scared of how you'd react. You didn't know what was coming, and you being naive, just made it easier for me to hide my past and what was to come." The boy said, his mocha coloured eyes softening, bringing his hand up and placing it over his ex lovers warm cheek, desperately wanting her to look at him.

But she wouldn't. She couldn't. He lied to her about his life and what was coming. Her heart was aching, each word coming out of his mouth made a tear fall from her eye. Shaking her head. She lifted her hand up and placed it over his, cool yet warm muscle. The touch he had made her feel an emotion she use to love, now it makes her stomach sick.

"Please, my love, look at me. I know what I did was wrong — but there was reason why I did it. So please, let me see those gorgeous eyes before I go. I do not have much time, so please, look at me." His voice whispered, cracking at his eyes became glossy. His heart ached, a wave of an uneasy feeling washing over him, making his vision blur a bit. Bringing his right hand up, he placed it on the back of his head and panted. 

"She thinks you're a freak! Look at you — crying over a girl that you kept on lying to. It's obvious she doesn't love you. Just like Lucille, she loves someone else." This thought along with many others echoed to his head but he can't let her go.