Chapter 11

Jane's P.O.V

"Wait.... woah woah woah where are you going?" I asked holding her arm just as she was about to leave, "Red John is going to kill me if I don't go."

"But don't you want to help us get Hunter back?"

Her eyes glared into mine, "Of course I would." Her stern voice sent chills down my spine, "I want to be able to see Hunter, hug him, kiss him, start our life over, but I can't with a killer after me, he killed my family Patrick, and he almost killed me but thanks to your tracking device that he found he decided to spare my life this time."

"He-" "Yeah, he found it and realised what was going on. But don't you get it Patrick, it was all apart of his plan to make you weak!" She explains to me, I shake my head in confusion and shock, "What?"

"It took me a while to figure it out myself but, since that night everything fitted together perfectly, he wanted to see if I would try to hurt you, my plan wasn't to kill you, it was to make you weak so he could finish you off, I had to leave you that night or else both of us would have been dead, I couldn't let him kill you. You want him dead as much as me and you and your team are willing to find him at any costs, he wanted to play with your head and it almost worked except for one little flaw."

"What's that?" I asked curiously as she shook her head in disgust, "Out of everyone he used me, and set me up immediately so I would get caught, I know you found something off about me when you saw me at the scene, you didn't believe I did it, so you searched harder and figures out his plan. You're as smart as him Jane, you just need to best him at his game once and for all, but for now I need you to find Hunter and try to keep him safe. After Red John is caught or even better, dead, come find me, I'm sure you'll know where to look. Here take this."

She gives me the small pendant closing my hand tightly around it, "Keep it safe, bring this when you're coming to find me." I nod an she smiled wrapping her arms around me tightly, "Goodbye Patrick."

----3 weeks later----

"I-I don't understand, why would she leave me?" The boy asked Lisbon as they sat in the interrogation room. They had finally found him, bruised and bleeding, but still he was alive and strong. "She knew that by staying you would be in danger." Lisbon tried to explain but Hunter didn't listen, he pushed himself away from the table and stood up shaking his head.

"She should know I can take care of myself, I need her more than anything, you have to find her Agent Lisbon, you have to."

Lisbon nodded understanding what he was going through, "I have my agents on the look for her, we're doing everything we can, for now though we're going to do one thing that we promised Sara we'd do, we are going to protect you until you are reunited with her."

Hunter nodded as I stood up and led him out of the room, handing him over to Rigsby who would take him to a safe house.

"Any luck?" I asked Grace, she sat back in her chair and shook her head, "This girl doesn't want to be found boss, why are we trying?" Glancing at her screen I sighed, "Because, even if we promised to protect the boy, he's not the only one who needs protecting."

A/N

Sorry I haven't updated in a while xx hope you enjoy

Rachel out :p