Chapter 14: Nightime Brawl

You and Coraline were walking down to the old well. Coraline was mumbling some old saying as you both walked. But you couldn't help but feel like you were being followed.

Y/n: Protect Coraline at all costs.

You mumbled to yourself.

Coraline: Oh, by the way y/n, how's your eye?

Y/n: Oh yeah! It's fine. Now that you mention it, I'm surprised your parents didn't say anything about it.

Coraline: Who knows.

You took off your eyepatch. You could still see out that eye, but there was a big scar across your eye.

Coraline: Well, it left a big scar.

Y/n: The scar is the last thing I was worried about. I'm just glad I didn't go blind in that eye. If anyone asks, I tripped outside and hit a very sharp rock, ok?

Coraline: Got it.

You put the eyepatch in your pocket and you both kept walking. Soon, you arrived at the old Well. You opened it and Coraline grabbed the key, which was tied around her neck, and was about to throw it in the well when the hand from the Beldam jumped out and tried grabbing the key. It somehow took Coraline to the ground.

Y/n: Hey! Fuck off!

You tried stomping the hand, but it kept dodging. Then you heard an air horn and saw a flash of light.

Y/n: Is that?!

It was Wybie with his electric motorcycle and a pair of tongs. He raced towards you guys and grabbed the hand with his tongs. He raced up a hill as you made sure Coraline was ok. The hand jumped onto Wybie's face, blinding him and causing him to crash. He nearly fell down the well, but he held on.

Y/n: Wybie!!!

The hand was about to send Wybie down the well but Coraline grabbed a blanket and tackled the hand. You helped Wybie out of the well.

Wybie: T-Thanks.

Y/n: Don't mention it. Wait, Coraline!!!

The hand ripped the blanket and was about to attack Coraline.

Y/n: Protect her!!!

You thought to yourself. You then grabbed a decent sized rock and slammed it onto the hand, breaking it into pieces. The 3 of you caught your breaths as Coraline tied the key, the rock and the broken hand in the blanket and with your help, you and Coraline threw the lot into the well and waited until you heard a splashing sound echo through the well. You closed the well as Wybie spoke up.

Wybie: I-I'm really sorry I didn't believe you guys about all this "evil" stuff. Y/n and Coraline.

Coraline: Why did you change your mind?

Wybie: Well grandma showed me this picture. After I called you crazy?

He pulled out an old photo of his grandma and one of the ghost children holding a doll.

Wybie: It's her and her sister. Before she disappeared.

Y/n: The ghost girl.

Suddenly Wybie's grandmother called his name and rang a bell.

Wybie: *sighed. Oh man. What am I gonna tell her?

You looked at Coraline and smiled.

Y/n: Why don't you bring her by Coraline's house tomorrow? We can all explain together.

Coraline: Yeah.

Wybie: We can?

Coraline: You know, I'm glad you decided to stalk me.

She joked, punching his arm.

Wybie: Hehe, it wasn't my idea.

Y/n: And I'm glad you moved here Coraline. I know you miss your old home, but me and Wybie are glad you moved here. Let's just hope from now on we can hang out without these crazy adventures. I feel my lazy meter kicking in again.

You all shared a laugh as the cat appeared.

Y/n: You know, I don't think we gave our friend here a name, did we?

Wybie: N-No, we haven't.

Coraline: What would be a good name?

Y/n: Hm. What about Nick? Short of Nickolas?

Wybie: I like it!

You all looked at the cat. He smiled and meowed as a sign of "sure, that name works".

Coraline: Then Nick it is.

You all smiled as you all went back to your respective homes. The next day, the garden party was happening in Coraline's back yard. You and Coraline were giving drinks to everyone who was there.

Coraline: Thanks for helping us Ms. Spink. Ms. Forcible.

Ms. Forcible: Oh look April. Pink ladies.

Y/n: It's actually lemonade.

Coraline: How's Angus doing?

Ms. Spink: Oh much better dear. But he can't duck his wings forever.

You and Coraline looked at a pizza box on the ground to see Angus in those angel costumes. You chuckle as you walk over to Coraline's parents.

Father: *burps.

Mother: Charlie!

Father: Scuse me, but that pizza was delicious.

Mother: *groans.

Coraline: Cold drinks?

Father: Oh yes, great.

Mother: You two were right, I really hate dirt. But the tulips look nice.

Coraline: Thanks mom.

You leave Coraline as you meet up with your dad who was planting some roses.

Y/n: Hey dad. Lemonade?

Your father: Oh thank you son. *takes a sip. So, how's it with Caroline?

Y/n: Coraline dad. She's been well. We plan on haven't the time of our lives before school starts.

You father: Hehehe, just keep it child friendly.

You quickly turned red as the roses.

Y/n: Dad, oh my god!!!

Your father: *laughs hard. I'm just joking. How's your eye?

Y/n: *sighs. It's fine. That rock was close, but it only left a scar.

Your father: That's good. Just be a bit more careful, ok?

Y/n: Will do dad.

You walk back over to Coraline and Mr. B talking.

Y/n: Hey Mr. B. Enjoying the garden?

Mr. B: Oh yes. One could say it's amazing!

Y/n: Not as amazing as you, I hope.

Mr. B: Oh never. But it's close.

You, Coraline and Mr. B share a laugh as you hear Wybie and his grandmother enter the garden.

Coraline: Welcome Ms. Lovat.

Ms. Lovat: Oh hello everyone.

Coraline: I'm Coraline. And this is y/n. We have some much to tell you.

You smile as Coraline shows her around the garden. Wybie walks up to you.

Wybie: The garden looks nice.

Y/n: It sure does.

You looked around and smiled.

Y/n: But there's still one final chapter to this story.

You think to yourself.