Chapter 16

Monday Morning: 9:00 A.M

Jihyo's POV

I was working on some emails first thing in the morning. There were some things on my mind, so I was just absentmindedly typing away and not caring too much for the content. Mina's birthday was awkward for me to say the least. Everyone could probably sense it but did not want to bring it up. It was really hard to say how I felt by the end of the party. Was I angry, sad, or lonely? I really did not know the answer to that question.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon broke my train of thought when they knocked on my office door and entered my office, "Good morning, you two," I greeted as they sat down in front of me.

"Let's cut to the chase. How do you feel about the party on Saturday?" Nayeon asked with a serious expression.

I wasn't surprised by this question and let out a sigh as I leaned back into my chair and looked up at the ceiling, "Honestly? I don't know. I thought I would be angry the moment I saw Tzuyu again, but I wasn't. It was just... empty? Part of me wanted to talk to Tzuyu, but the rest of me said to forget her," I explained before sitting up right, "I am just happy I didn't cause a commotion at the party and ruin it for Mina."

"Would you tell us the truth?" Jeongyeon asked with a raised eyebrow.

I nodded my head, "Of course."

"We have talked about this before, but it seems things have changed. Do you still have feelings for Tzuyu?" Jeongyeon asked seriously.

I was taken aback by the question, "What?"

"We can tell that Y/N has feelings for you and that you have taken a liking to Y/N," Nayeon explained.

I let out a sigh as I placed my elbows on my desk and rested my chin in my hands, "Honestly? I never truly fell out of love with Tzuyu, but I also like Y/N."

"What do you like about Y/N?" Jeongyeon asked as she leaned forward.

I bit my lower lip, "I mean... she has all of the qualities that I want in a significant other. She ticks off all of the same boxes that Tzuyu did."

"Don't play with Y/N's feelings," Nayeon suddenly warned with a stern expression.

I leaned back with a surprised expression on my face, "Why are you saying that to me?"

Jeongyeon placed a hand on Nayeon's shoulder, causing Nayeon's expression to soften, "You are our best friend and boss, but I have to state it bluntly, we will not hesitate to act against you if you hurt Y/N."

"You probably know about Y/N's past by now right?" Nayeon asked, gaining a nod in reply from me, "MiSaMo was the one to tell us about it. They knew that she only annoys them to get their attention as she fears they will leave her like her parents. They are just worried that she will be scared to find someone in her life due to that experience. They want to be by her side, but they know that they will someday have to leave and start their own families with someone and won't be able to see her as often."

Nayeon paused for a moment to take a breath, "They want her to find someone who won't hurt her and that will always cherish her and be by her side. They will hurt anyone who harms her."

I nodded my head in understanding, "I want to forget about Tzuyu and promise that I am not playing Y/N."

Nayeon and Jeongyeon were happy with my answer. I am genuinely not playing with Y/N and her feelings. She is a precious person in this world. Sure, she's a bit naive at times, but that's just part of her charm. She definitely deserves someone who can appreciate her and protect her from the evils of this world. I feel like I want to be the person who does that. To stand by her side and experience the world through her lenses instead of my own.