-2- Hellflame's First Challenge -2-

"That's Scorbunny; The fire type! It's filled to bursting with some fiery passion!" Leon Exclaimed, punching the air, and then Looked at Clanda, deeply in the eyes, a bit more serious than how he sounded just a few seconds ago, "Is this the Pokemon that you want to choose out of the 3?"

Clanda looked at the Scorbunny closely, inspecting It's red tipped ears and feet, said to have a burning and fiery passion. He then looked back at Leon, and responded.

"Yeah, I'd like to choose Scorbunny." Clanda responded.

Leon smiled, "Well, How about you give your Scorbunny a nickname?"

Without any moment to think, he responded.

"Hellflame."

"Whoah, you decided pretty quickly!" Leon grinned.

Hellflame felt estatic to be with Clanda, fist bumping him and cheering.

"So, It's scorbunny for you? Nice!" Hop said, grinning, "In that case, I'm going to go with You, Grookey!!"

The grookey looked at hop, smiling.

"I'm aiming to be the next galar champion, so get ready for some serious training!" Hop told it.

The Grookey cheered in happiness, as Hop's Wooloo approached the Green monkey as well, welcoming it to Hop's team. The 2 seemed to like each other already, and they had only just talked to each other once.

"I bet you will be the champion someday, Hop." Leon said, smiling, "It's why I bought these pokemon for you and Clanda, So that both of you get stronger together, and try to reach me!"

Sobble, the water creature that hadnt been chosen by either of them looked to the left, and right, having no trainer to be owned by. Even Clanda felt pretty sorry for it. Luckily, Leon decided to take it under his wing.

"And you'll come with me." He said to it, "Charizard will show you the ropes. He's strict but strong and kind at the same time!"

The sobble cutely smiled, cheering.

"Alright, Enough of all this trainer nonsense for one night!" Hop's mother said, walking up to them with Clanda's mom beside her.

"Oh, brother." Clanda sighed.

"Dinner is ready, Kids! Bring along your new pokemon, and lets all eat!" Clanda's mother exclaimed. She helped Hop's mother cook the food.

Clanda found the dinner quite tasty, and Hellflame could handle the spiciness, and after that, Clanda and His mother head home for that day.

The very next day...

Leon is standing before Clanda and Hop, yet again.

"You spent the whole night with that new partner of yours, right Hop?" Leon asked, "You two getting on alright?"

"Course We are, Lee! Clanda has become fast friends with Hellflame, too." He responded.

"Hey, Speak for yourself.." Clanda muttered.

"Then listen up, you too!" Leon grinned. "Believe in yourself and in your pokemon as well! If you form a great bond and continue fighting side by side, then I believe that one day.."

Leon looked at Clanda "You might even become worthy rivals for me, the unbeatable champion."

"What're you looking at Clanda for, Lee?!" Hop asked, "I'm the one who'll be coming to challenge you and become galar's champion!"
"EXCUSE ME HOP-" Clanda roared

"But, If you think Clanda is so worthy, I think he is my first ever rival!" Hop punched the air.

"Ok, I take back what I said 2 seconds ago."