➥ 𝔾𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 ℝ𝕖𝕥𝕠𝕝𝕕

Rating: 8/10

𝕎𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘

I love your vivid descriptions. I can actually see the beautiful people and their surroundings. Your story had the perfect balance of dialogue and plot. There was plenty of interaction between the characters, and the change of POV was very smooth. Also, I loved that the later chapters ended in great and intense cliffhangers that kept me wanting more. Although, I had a hard time getting past the writing errors. There was a lot of incorrect punctuation and grammar, and some areas had a messy layout (ex. paragraphs missing the space in between).

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤

The characters in your story are very real to me. They have emotions that correlate with the troubles they go through. The variety of personalities also opened up the list of characters. Ankhesenpaaten and Tutankhamun were both very charming. I loved how they interacted with each other after they grew closer together. I have to say Iset was one of my favorite supporting characters. She was so sweet, pure, and even ended her life to save Ankhesenpaaten (I cried when I was reading that scene). Mutnodjemet was a well crafted villain. Her past and current motivation to end Tutankhamun's rule was strong enough to pursue her goals. After much struggle, she was finally able to get what she wanted. Overall, every character was great. They grew in grace or fell into the darkest depths of their evil hearts.

ℙ𝕝𝕠𝕥

It starts out with Merithaka's vision, where a lot of foreshadowing sets the stage for your story. It was a very nice beginning to the story and kept my hopes up until the end.

Eventually, the two main characters, Tutankhamun and Ankhesenpaaten, are forced into an arranged marriage for political reasons, which gave me a great impression of their initial character. Ankhesenpaaten travels from Lower to Upper Kemet to meet the family she would soon be married into. They got along well and even bonded in the short time before the marriage. The atmosphere gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling. I thought to myself that they were going to be happy together for many years to come. But then the Pharaoh was poisoned at the marriage party. I can't begin to describe how upset I was. The happy little family fell into despair.

The villains were introduced, and they aimed to end Tutankhamun and Ankhesenpaaten. Their attempts failed one after another. I was really shocked when Marakhamun actually landed a hit on Ankhesenpaaten. All hope seemed lost when the physician said the poison would kill her by dawn. Then, Iset saved her using the spell of Ra. There was so much going on inside my mind. Her sacrifice was honorable, and it hurt to see her fall into madness until her horrible death.

I could go on and on about how much I loved the plot, but I just wanted to make sure I got to talk about the ending. Mutnodjemet got what she wanted in the end. Tutankhamun was dying from the arrow shot below his heart. She had control of Upper Kemet. There was little to no hope for any of the good guys. I lost hope. This plot twist left a disgusting taste in my mouth. How could everything crumble to the hands of such an awful person? But then, there was one last chapter, the epilogue. Ankhesenpaaten woke her powers, and it seemed like she was either healing or bringing Tutankhamun back from the dead. I have to say, this was one of the best endings I've seen in a book. My hope was reignited, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next book!

ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟

Overall, I loved this book. I wish there was a bit more of the story focused on Ankhesenpaaten and Tutankhamun since they are the main characters. There were some writing errors, but I was able to overloo them since the plot and descriptions were just amazing.