➥ 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕍𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖

Rating: 8.5/10

𝕎𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘

Similar to the previous book, there are grammar errors, but the writing is much more descriptive. The scenes are vividly pictured in my mind, especially in the action-packed chapters. The blunt writing style is close to the previous book. I appreciate consistency because it doesn't feel like I'm reading two separate stories. Also, the cliffhangers in this book were a lot more intense than the last. Especially the ending...I felt like throwing my phone at the wall.

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤

Bob's character went through a lot more growth in this book than the last. He used to be a rational, "know-it-all" that only acted out of logic. Then, Bob started to find himself getting carried away with his emotions. It made him seem more human and definitely more relatable. His emotions felt raw and hit in all the right places. Finally, his connection with Emma was a lot stronger. She was closer to a side character in the last book, but this book showed a deeper and passionate side to their relationship.

Emma didn't have as much character development as Bob, but her reactions and emotions were the most realistic. She was constantly worrying about Bob, especially since he kept throwing himself in danger's path. Once she found out from Rickbot that Bob was planning to propose to her, I could feel her happiness and desperation to survive. Emma's final attempt at trying to save both of them ended poorly, but her sacrifice only proved how much he loved him.

Benjamin's character was a nice touch to this dark story. When Bob thought he only had Emma left, Benjamin appeared at just the right time, saving them from the zombot. He definitely gave a "dad vibe" and tried to ease the tension whenever he could. Like when he shared the Chok-Lates with Emma and Bob, he was trying to pull them out of the darkness, even if it was just a moment.

Rick (or I guess Rickbot) was a punch to the gut. I had a feeling that he couldn't really be gone since he had the power of time travel and technology, but I didn't expect he would turn himself into a robot. His twisted thoughts about "saving the world" were disgusting.

ℙ𝕝𝕠𝕥

The light recap in the beginning was a nice touch. It wasn't overwhelming and reminded the reader of what happened in the previous book.

The beginning chapters were full of action. From Bob getting arrested to A.D.A.M. turning into a zombot, I was already on the edge of my seat. But the story kind of mellowed out after Benjamin appeared. It was a nice break from the intense start, which quickly picked up when they arrived at FSU. I appreciated the presence of his dad because, like I said earlier, he was trying to ease the tension whenever he could.

When they met up with Tom, I already had a distaste for him because he stole the credit of V-227's cure. The story did a nice job of setting up that emotion for the scene when Benjamin confronted Tom. I didn't necessarily let him off the hook, which made Tom's death less devastating.

The police arrived at FSU after they saved it and arrested Bob again. I thought they weren't going to believe the zombot story, but Officer Roger took their story seriously. They mobilized a team and headed over to Rick Tech. Well...I didn't think the squad would be annihilated so quickly, but the brutal slaughter on top of Benjamin's "second" death ignited a flame of vengeance.

Finally, I was shocked when the zombot turned into Rickbot. I knew Rick was crazy, but he was completely insane to turn himself into a robot to live longer than a normal human. Not only that, but he was trying to recruit Bob after killing both of his parents. Who in their right mind would accept that offer? I knew Bob was going to figure a way out of the mess and coordinated a silent plan with Emma. All of my hope was immediately trampled on when Rickbot killed Emma. I...I was at a loss for words. Why? Just why?

The part that didn't make too much sense were the visions of the future Bob was having. They threw me off a bit, but then I started thinking. Maybe they were a result of time travel? You don't have to explain if it spoils the story, but, as of right now, it still confuses me.

ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟

I liked this book more than the last. It had more action, real emotions, and darker plot twists. The writing errors weren't too big of a deal, but picky readers would probably drop the book. I suggest you get someone to proofread/edit it. I can't wait for the third story to come out! Keep up the great work!