2 parties wrong in 1 night

^Alpha Greyson^ (Aka Colton Haynes)

Kats POV

It was thirty minutes before the wedding and we were all taking pictures of each other with Lucinda. When Luke came in "SAVE ME LUCINDA" I yelled and jumped behind her
"Kat relax I just need to talk to you about some Pack business." he chuckled.
"So you won't kill me for spilling your m&ms?" I asked still holding Lucinda in front of me.
"Not right now, no."
"Ok but I only got one picture, so it can't take long" I said pulling up my strapless dress. I don't know why she had to pick strapless, some of us have bigger than B cups thank you very much.
As I walked out of the room Luke closed the door leading into the bedroom behind me.
"Where are we going" I asked as he guided us through the halls.
"My office." was all he said.

•••at his office•••

I closed the door and sat in the chair
"What's the matter." I said doing a little spin in the big swirly chair.
"There's been an increase of rouges around the territory lately, and as the beta it's your duty to arrange the warriors into sectors to defend the pack." He crossed his legs and leaned back.
I laughed. "I think you just said I was the beta."
"You are, Kat your father has held onto his sanity for a long time, but as he gets older, not having a mate puts a burden on him. It seams he is slowly slipping away and he is no longer able to be the beta." He leaned forward. "Luke you can't just fire him as beta, he'll be devastated. This job is the only thing keeping him occupied." I put my hands on my face " How can you just drop this bomb shell on me like this. No warning. Just 'Oh yeah by the way your the new beta so do this and this and this with no preparation'" I started to raise my voice, irritated. " Not to mention I don't have a mate to balance me, I need to take time to live my life while I'm young, can- " I know I can't mention the fact that my mate is his mortal enemy be cause he would freak the shit out, but he doesn't know that I know so for now, I'm good. He cut me off "Speaking of mates I need to tell you something, When you find-" Now it was his turn to be cut off, by a knock on the door.

"What is it." he looked annoyed but his face softened when he saw Sarah, the flower girl. "Kat the wedding is going to start in 5 minutes, Lucinda told me to tell you." "Thank you Sarah, I was just about to come down." I said and smiled at her, She has light brown soft curls and big green doe eyes. She was easily the cutest pup in the pack, and at the young age of 5 she was by far the most persuasive. I walked over to her and picked her up, spinning her around. Her giggle was that of a goddesses.
"Well miss Sarah, I must say you look mighty purdy in your dress." I said in a thick southern accent. Sarah is Lucinda's niece that she takes care of, ever since her mother and father, Lucinda's sister and brother-in-law, died in a car accident.
"Kat I'm not done talking to you, we will discuss this further, tomorrow. He stood and walked out of the room, just like an Alpha would do. I looked at his back walking down the hall. what was that all about, he was acting like we've only known each other for a month or so, not like the best friends we are.

As I walked down the stairs with Sarah on my hip she started to play with my hair "Kat will you tell me about mates?" Her innocent eyes bored into mine.
"Why would you want to know about that." I said, slowing down.
"Because everyone I ask wont tell me anything, now auntie is getting married to her mate and I'm even mooorrrrre curious." holding out the more for dramatic effect. She even threw her hands out in a 'big' motion.
"Well mates are like best friend necklaces, have you ever seen one of those necklaces that come in a pack of two and are in the shape of a broken heart, but when you put them together, they make a perfect fit." I tried my best to explain it. "When you find your mate, it's like your drawn to them because they are the one that the moon goddess paired you with. You love them more than anything else in the world, and you would die for them. Is that enough?" I asked approaching the main foyer where the briefs maids were in line waiting. I put Sarah down and she ran to grab her basket of flowers. I got in line behind the maid of honor and waited for the wedding to start.