Chapter 3

He makes his way toward me, and I lightly close the door, pretending like I wasn't listening.

"Hi, i'm assuming you heard all that, shit." He whispers, then sits beside me on the bed, his head tilted toward the floor.

"I.. I did but Perseus how come you didn't stand up to your dad like you did with those men earlier, you seem almost like a different person when you are with him."

"Well, basically my mom was married, then had me and um then remarried to this dipshit who thinks I can't replace his son, which he lost. Like I'm not trying to replace him, I just want him to see me as a son but you know I guess you can't have everything."

I feel bad, as I made assumptions about him, I hate being quick to judge.

"I'm so sorry, that must be hard for you, I of everyone know what it's like to have unaccepting parents." I reply.

"Fuck right I forgot about that, um oh off topic I know, but you could have a shower if you want, I'm sure you want one." Perseus smiles at me, opening the door slightly to point toward the washroom.

"Yes oh god yes please but, what if your parents see you in your room along with the shower on, won't they get suspicious?" I ask in confusion.

"I got a plan, don't worry, follow me, and be quiet."

He guides me outside his room through the kitchen and into the bathroom, which sits across from his parents room.

"You can have your shower and I'll just wait outside the curtains so they think it's me, sound good?"

I nod my head. quickly tossing my clothes off and hoping into the shower before he even notices.

After closing the curtains I turn the hot water on, which burns my cuts and bruises for a second, before relieving my aching pain.

I stand there, my body full of warmth, my now drenched knotted hair lays down my face, covering my hazel eyes. Brushing away my hair I run my fingers through my hair, pulling it away from my face and taking out a few strands with it, which fall slowly and get swept away by the drain. Reaching for the shampoo, my shoulder aches in pain and I open the bottle and the fresh scent of lemon fills the hot shower. Applying it only tangles my hair more as I brush it with my fingers, burning my scalp with pain for a second. I massage the shampoo into my hair as the steam from the shower overflows, and the hot water runs down my neck and between my legs.

Grabbing the bar of soap, I run it down my chest and then over my waist and down my skinny legs, some burning my wounds. Lastly, I reach high for the conditioner, almost slipping in the process. Applying it all over I enjoy the last few moments in the shower and blindly reach for a white towel which hangs low outside the shower curtain. Covering myself, I walk out of the shower, Perseus stands with his hair wet from the sink, his boney hands placed outward on the counters edge, his torso leant back.

"Had to make it realistic by wetting my hair in case they saw me." His shiny teeth glare at me, as he moves one hand to wipe his chin before walking to the door, slowly opening it for me, three of his fingers hovering over my waist.

"Hey honey are you okay?" His mother walks out of their room, Perseus quickly pushes me into his room, and I fall on his bed, my knee getting caught on the edge causes it to lightly bleed bright red.

"Yeah mom don't worry I'm used to dad doing shit like this its no big deal okay i'm gonna go to bed now night mom love you." He kisses her cheek lightly and she nods back at him before they both return to their rooms.

"Shit shit I'm so sorry did I hurt you baby?" He pants, his words falling out in guilt, as he uses his lengthy hands to lightly press my cut.

"It's okay, I'm okay alright, just as long as your parents don't know we are fine."