Already Taken

"Damn, I'm deep into friendzone." Jacob sighed as he looked at Christina. Christina was staring at the door as she waited for her boyfriend.

"Where's he? It's almost time for the first lecture."

Mark dashed into the class at the very last minute. He took a sigh of relief and rushed to Christina, giving her a quick kiss.

"Good morning, babe."

"Morning.", she smiled blushing slightly.

Jacob was Christina's best friend but he had feelings for her. He chickened out and never told her. Mark was great with girls, a charmer. Every girl was jealous of Christina. They were known as the "perfect couple".

After school, Christina locked her arm into his.

"Tomorrow's valentine's day. I'm so excited!"

"Baby, I'm sorry. I can't celebrate it with you. I'm a bit busy and I promise that I'll take you out the very next day."

"Awwh okie.", she sighed sadly.

He hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. She smiled slightly and they sat in his car. Leaving her to her house, he kissed her and left.

"Good morning to this lovey lovey day. Yes, happy valentine's day people." It was Christina's radio which was used as an alarm. She rubbed her eyes as she yawned and stretched lazily.

"Happy valentine's day, Mark."

Jacob was single 'as usual'. He always went to clubs with his single mates on valentine's day. He decided to try a new club which was a bit far away. As he entered the club, he spotted Mark.

"Umm? Is that Mark?"

Jacob went secretly and sat at the bar covering his face slightly, so that he could listen to the conversation Mark was having.

"Girl, you're sexy as fuck. Just saying."

The girl beside him replied, "Oh Mark, you wanna get laid or what?"

"You know me pretty well. I wanna be inside of you like right now."

"Let's go then.", she grabbed his collar and pulled him with her.

Jacob shook his head with disgust. "Poor Christina. I have to tell her somehow."

Unsure about his decision, Jacob thought about it all night. Thinking that Christina would stop talking to him and everything would be shitty. But as her best friend, he had to save her from this guy who wasn't worth her love.

It was a bright morning as Jacob got up feeling awful. He was irritated about Mark's behavior and he wanted to tell Christina what was up.

He considered it was wastage of love and that she deserved so much better. He never counted himself as her boyfriend but Mark was horrible for her is all he could think.

Today was a difficult test which he wanted to pass. Telling Christina could end up their friendship but it was worth it. So, with all his courage he walked up to Christina. Her face was had a certain glow which flashed a frown after she heard it. And guess what? She didn't believe him. It was impossible according to her dictionary. Jacob kinda expected that as he knew that she loved Mark dearly. He was devastated as it was the last time he was talking to her. Two years of friendship was nothing in front of her one month relationship.

After a week or so, Christina's friend informed her about Mark flirting with a girl. And that's when she became insecure. She started spying on Mark as it was "impossible" for him to cheat. It took her a week to catch him red handed. Her heart was shattered into millions of pieces and she realized how Jacob was right all along. Crying over Mark and recovering took her another week or more.

Jacob received a text in the morning that Christina was coming at his place. "I hope that everything is alright.", he said it with concern.

He raced to the door as the bell rang. Christina walked in with tears in her eyes and he hugged her tightly, swaying a bit. He rubbed her back and nuzzled her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Jacob. I was so wrong."

"Hey hey, it's okay Christina. Really, I'm glad that you are here."

"I fucked up our friendship."

"Nah, you didn't. It was already fucked up."

"Wait what?"

"I..umm.. I like you."

"Awwh, I like you too."

"Nah, like more than a friend."

"Yeah, I like you too."

"Oh my god! Are you serious?"

She nodded, slightly smiling. He picked her up and spun her around.

"Woohoo."

Telling people what you feel is better instead of regretting that you never told them.

(The End)