Summer Love

Claire's summer vacations were going on and all she wanted was to go out some place exciting. Turkey seemed really boring to her. Looking at the same old place was pretty boring.

Australia was her target and convincing her parents was a task. After two days of trying, she got the permission of going to Australia. Her parents were a bit annoyed at first but they wanted their only child to be happy. And the whole family going out would be an amazing experience all together. So, they agreed on going there for some weeks.

"Yupiee!", Claire packed her bags as her mother helped her.

"You seem really excited my dear."

"Yessss Mom! I'm very excited. Thanks to you guys."

"We love you Claire-Bear."

"And I love y'all too."

After two days of travelling, they reached Australia. Claire jumped in happiness when she saw Aussie people on the airport. Her parents were really happy to see her like this. Parents always want you to be happy and they love you dearly and so did her parents. Visiting different places everyday was the plan and it worked well so far.

Claire was walking on the street and suddenly dashed into a guy as she wasn't paying attention. "I'm so sorry!"

"Oh, it's okay. Umm, so you are from here?", his green eyes sparkled in the sun as he smiled slightly with ruffling his hair.

"No, I'm on a vacation. I'm from Turkey and I always wanted to visit Australia.", she smiled brightly admiring his Australian accent.

"Oh, we have a fan here. So how's Australia so far?"

"Heh, yeah! I love Australia! And it's amazing so far. I'm going back in 3 days."

"Aah, I can show you the park if you want.", he nodded and fiddled with his hands.

"I'd love to. Are you free today evening?", she tugged at her hair.

"Yeah I am. I'll show you the park. Um, I'm Nathan and yourself?"

"I'm Claire."

They talked the whole evening and enjoyed having a quiet walk along the park. The beautiful sunset mesmerized Claire as she slowly walked with Nathan. As two days went by, she really enjoyed Nathan's company. On the last day, she hugged him tightly.

"I'll miss you, Nathan.", she continued to hug him.

"Me too.", he held her close.

"Can you write me letters?", she nuzzled his shoulder.

"Mm? Letters? I'll message you. It's better right?

"It's just that I really like letters."

"Oh, sure! I'll write you letters then.", he sways slightly as he held her.

He noted her address and waved her bye as her parents arrived to take her to the airport. Claire sighed sadly as she sat in the taxi.

After days of traveling they all reached home. Claire felt a bit incomplete but was really happy that she made a good friend. She thought about Nathan a lot and she knew how he will send the letter anytime! She used wait for his letters but none came. She was bit worried but then she realized that she was 'just a girl' for him. And that, he really forgot about her altogether.

But, after a month or so Nathan sent a letter which was really cute. And after that, the series of letters always came to her and she replied back. They had conversations which were funny and how they ran out of a topic but still continued to write. Those letters made Claire dream about Nathan and that he'll hold her one day like her last day in Australia.

They exchanged letters till six months. Nathan gathered some money as he needed it for something. Something really special. As a certain amount of money was collected, he started working on the plan. Yes, he was taking a risk.

It was a normal day for Claire as she sat by her window and stared at the sunset. She sighed softly and got up walking upstairs to her bedroom. As she walked onto her room, she heard a taxi speeding on the street. She scooted to the window to see who it was. Pulling the curtains aside, she looked down at a guy who was standing with his back faced towards her.

"Plan executed.", he smirked and turned around walking towards her house.

Claire squealed as she saw Nathan walking up to the door. "OMG! NATHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

She sped downstairs and quickly opened the door before he could reach for the doorbell. Her heart was beating so loud that she thought that it would make her deaf. He smiled warmly as his heart skipped a beat. He slowly opened his arms and nodded looking at Claire. She blinked twice as tears fell from her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she jumped onto him, hugging him tightly. She sniffled as he swayed slightly holding her close to him, this time he held a bit closer feeling her warmth against his body. She looked up at him and smiled happily with her eyes slightly closed. His hands trailed to her cheeks and he leaned in kissing her softly.

(The End)