The End of the Road

Then I heard my mum, "And through your hardest times, a family will always be by your side." She walked up to the stage with a microphone. "There are still people unlucky to not receive love from their family, but one sure thing is that nobody will leave God's earth without experiencing true love in one way or another.

And I'm guilty because I didn't show my children that I loved them all because I wasn't shown that by my family, all because I decided love was vain. But I stand here before my five beautiful daughters saying, I've found what I truly love and they were standing before me for a long time." She came to hug me.

"Aww!" The audience called out.

Then I continued from there. "And love is the basis of life, we can't live a happy life without it. Everyone needs to feel loved, right? And it's our duty to show someone that we love them - and be true to our word.

But the greatest love we all have is the love of God. And that my dear friends is the truth about love. Thank you." I sniffled.

The whole school bursted into a round of applause, and not a mild one, one that shook the windows. I also received a standing ovation.

Happiness came over my body. My sisters, dad and Anne all came upstage to hug me.

"Thanks mum." I said.

"Baby, there's no reason to thank me, I did it out of love." She gave me a smile, a hug and a kiss.

"Wow, my sister received a standing ovation! Hashtag proud big sis!" Gigi boasted.

When the assembly was over, Miss Dunlop called me aside, "Wow Sandra, I'm speechless! Congratulations, that was beautiful." She said with a chuckle. "And to think, you wanted to back out, but look, you did an awesome speech without your notes."

"Thanks Miss Dunlop." I beamed.

"Since you did such a fabulous job, you are getting As in literature for the rest of the year."

I was ecstatic! I couldn't believe it.

Next I saw Jax standing a distance away under a large tree. I went to him. "Hi Jax."

"Hi, hi Sandra." He wiped his eye. "Good job, that was super." He smiled.

"Thank you. Um, I want you to know, what I said was not to spite you. I was speaking from my heart."

"Yeah, yeah, I get that totally."

"Good."

"You must know that I regret what I did. I can never turn back time. It took a breakup and true words to make me realize what a monster I was and I'm deeply sorry. I understand you can never forgive me but you have to live in peace knowing that I have and will pay for my sins." He sniffled.

"No Jax, I can and will forgive you. It takes someone with true regret to man up. We have all made mistakes, some to our own dismay. But one fair thing is that we will all learn from them. I'm not happy this happened but I'm happy we can move past it." I smiled.

"You're wonderful." He said with a chuckle as he hugged me. "See you around."

I was so relieved. I noticed Lukas looking at me. He walked away when I noticed him. He continued to walk. I ran to catch up with him. "Lukas, wait!"

He stopped and turned around. "Sandra I'm really sorry for trying to kiss you and making you feel uncomfortable. Your speech was amazing by the way. I have to go now." He said quickly.

"No, I must apologize for acting out on you. I will love with that shame forever. You respected my feelings and you didn't use the quickest moment to take advantage of me. You said you love me and you meant it. You're kind, sweet, smart and... hot." I chuckled.

He started flexing and tried to hide a smile with a light smoulder. "Sandra you don't need to make me feel better now that you've gotten back together with Jax."

"What? No I've not."

"Sure, I saw you two smiling and hugging. And I know my brother, once he hugs a girl, she's hooked. So I have no problem with you..." I cut him short when I smashed my lips onto his.

I had to calm him down because he was fast talking. Yeah, so it was an amazing kiss, and not those twenty second ones, it was a full on one minute!

We were so into it. Then we realised..we were in public! We looked at each other cluelessly then laughed so hard people thought we were insane.

He took my hand and we went behind the auditorium to make out some more just in time to be late for third period.

So I kind of went back on my word that dating was for 'insecure nobodys' but what can I say? I found the right person who was perfect for me. I could finally say, "I have experienced true love." 

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and share with your friends. Thanks for your support.