22. Pudding Pop

(HEY EVERYBODY! i just wanted to say thank you so much for all the feedback and your lovely comments, i enjoy reading them.

if i'm being honest, this is actually my favourite chapter so far. ALSO, on another note, i've noticed that in most Fred fics; Angelina is usually a bitch. I didn't want to do that BUT it just ended up happening unintentionally and well - it sits right so what the hell? i guess. BUT HAPPY READING and thank you so much for sticking around ❤️)

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙁𝙡𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙 - 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙉𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙙

"What do you mean?" Fred asked. Though he knew exactly what she was talking about. He wasn't going to talk about it, talking about how he felt wasn't his type of thing anyway and whatever happened was done and dusted so there was no point in bringing it up over again either. Sophia released a soft chuckle, mostly because she knew that he was stalling but she was going to get it out of him.

"You know what I'm talking about. Something's wrong, I can see it" she pointed out, Fred's gaze remained on the kitchen island and a small smile spread across his face as he looked up at her.
"You can trust me" she said reassuringly and looked at him patiently so he could talk about whatever it was that had been bothering him. For Fred this was new, no one had ever seen through him like this and most of all no one had ever asked him what was wrong with him except for George, of course. He was the only person who understood or genuinely cared about him, others just saw whatever he showed them and nothing more. An airy chuckle left his mouth as he thought about it, he wasn't even sure if he was going to talk about something like that to her. No matter what his reputation around the school was, he still had enough sense as to which things were supposed to be out in the open and which things were supposed to kept shut. He turned his head back to her, she was wearing an eager look as she waited for him to say anything.

"It's nothing really" Fred said and watched as Sophia raised an eyebrow at him, "Just got into a bit of a...thing...with one of the girls"

Sophia was now raising both her eyebrows and giving him the "seriously?"  look which made him let out a puff of air and shake his head vigorously.
"No, no, I - I mean just one...girl...just. Stop looking at me like that!" Fred spluttered, his ears were slightly turning red which made the girl in front of him let out a giggle at his reaction, making him push her to the side playfully.
"Aww, playboy Frederick Weasley is flustered" Sophia cooed mockingly, "Nothing is more flattery than that"
"Shut up" he said airily as the two of them recovered and silence fell between them once again. Fred then thought about how Sophia had reacted the other day when Montague entered the Hall, he had been meaning to ask this question for a while now and right now he finally got the chance. It irked him to even think about Montague doing anything to hurt her, he couldn't even bear the thought of him touching her in anyway that he- Fred, shut up.   

He ran a hand through his ginger locks as though it would erase all the thoughts that he was having. The wheels in Sophia's head were turning as well as she pondered on what Fred had just told her, curiosity was getting the best of her as well and another question was waiting to slip off of her tongue.
"So - uh did you - did you sort the thing out?" she asked, turning her head back to Fred who nodded to her in response and as though she felt a knot release, she nodded too. She watched as Fred reached out for the spoon that was resting in the half-eaten ice-cream cookie dessert, it had been forgotten the longer they talked which followed by even more silence. Each thinking about different things, each thinking of whether it was better to word their curiosity and concerns or just keep them in and not bother with them at all.
"And you?" Fred finally said, he had concluded mentally that it was better to ask her because he didn't want to end up doing anything stupid though in his case; hurting Montague in any way wouldn't be stupid for him, it would just be a bit logical.